Visitor
PamelaBergman
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎10-26-2011

Color

Is there a certain color for Diabetes like Pink is for Cancer if no color how about red green an yellow

Pamela Bergman
trisha01
Total Posts: 5,989
Topics: 295
High Fives: 568
Blog Posts: 59
Solutions: 69
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Color

Pamela,

The most widely accepted color for diabetes, is blue. The ADA, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with this aspect. I believe it was the International Diabetes Federation, that created the color blue, for diabetes. Hope this helps.

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and Pump Supplies Help ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

Long Lost Member
judiann
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎11-04-2011

I saw that it is a blue circle, but there are different shades, could u tell me what color of blue? Is the circle pin the only symbol of diabetes? If I were to find a blue (the right color of course) ribbon pin (like the heart/cancer have) would I be wrong to wear it in support of diabetes? I have been a type 2 for four years now and no one can answer that question for me, can you help me on this?

trisha01
Total Posts: 5,989
Topics: 295
High Fives: 568
Blog Posts: 59
Solutions: 69
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Judiann,

The difference in the shades of blue, could be due to the differences, in computer browsers. On my browser, it appears to be a baby blue of light to medium shade.

As far as the circle pin, that is the logo of the IDF, which others are allowed to use. For ribbons, the only colors that I have seen used, are blue, and gray. Go over to cafepress.com, and see the colors over there - under diabetes stuff. There may be more colors, but none that I am aware of. If you used a ribbon of blue or gray, I think you would be just fine, in wearing it in support of diabetes, regardless of which type you are.

Hope this helps.

Trisha - Type 1

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and Pump Supplies Help ~ Kidney Damage Info ~