Super Advisor
ffmaya
Total Posts: 1,532
Registered on: ‎10-29-2011

Re: Question

Lisa27 wrote:
I'm a little limited in exercise I have ms, not too badly. I do take care of 19 month old twin grandchildren but that's not everyday. Couple days then I need to recover for a couple days!

Lisa, I am sorry to hear that you dealing with MS as well as diabetes.  That clearly impacts your exercise ability.  I am not sure if you can do chair exercises or not but check out "chair exercise" on Youtube, they are short and may benefit you, if they are not too demanding.

Wish you the best! 

Farida

" Remember, Google is your friend"

Dx'd Type II on Halloween 2011
Current 8/20/14 - A1c 5.8
Metformin 1000 mg twice daily
Flexeril 10mg for Fibromyalgia
Gabapentin 3200mg for Fibromyalgia
Clonazepam 1mg for Anxiety
Advisor
lisa27
Total Posts: 199
Registered on: ‎01-07-2012

I will check that out. Thank you. I am still able to do house work and food shop, they do impact my fatigue tho. Then I need to nap. But is that considered some kind of exercise? I am mobile, not in a wheelchair. After activity my muscles just tell me that's enough!
Type 2. Dx 2012.
Super Advisor
ffmaya
Total Posts: 1,532
Registered on: ‎10-29-2011

Lisa27 wrote:
I will check that out. Thank you. I am still able to do house work and food shop, they do impact my fatigue tho. Then I need to nap. But is that considered some kind of exercise? I am mobile, not in a wheelchair. After activity my muscles just tell me that's enough!

Lisa, I am a big believer that any physical activity counts.  Obviously everyone can do only what they can do.  I guess otherwise everybody would be in the Olympic athlete category.  :smileytongue:

Do what you can but make sure you don't overwork your muscles to the extent that your MS will knock you down.  That would be too much of a price to pay. 

You WILL find what works for you, it will just take a little bit of time to do so.  :smileyhappy:

Farida

" Remember, Google is your friend"

Dx'd Type II on Halloween 2011
Current 8/20/14 - A1c 5.8
Metformin 1000 mg twice daily
Flexeril 10mg for Fibromyalgia
Gabapentin 3200mg for Fibromyalgia
Clonazepam 1mg for Anxiety
lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,989
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Lisa27 wrote:

Here's a whole post of chair exercises: click on the title

Fitness For Everybody

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Advisor
lisa27

Thanks so much for your help everyone!
Type 2. Dx 2012.
Super Advisor
hawkins77337
Total Posts: 1,105
Registered on: ‎02-16-2012

What meds are on for ms. maybe its affecting your bs. Im on amyltriptilin for nerve pain. When I started taking it, my bs rise for a while then normal out, everytime they raise the dosage, it rises until I get used to it again. Just a thought.
T2 one year
metformin 500 2x
Lantus 24 units
Vit d 5000 iu
Vit B complex
Amyltriptiline 75 mg
Alpha lipoic acid 600 mg a day
6-12 habeneros a day
Advisor
lisa27

I'm on gilyena, neurontin, baclofen. And several other meds for other issues including a statin.
Type 2. Dx 2012.
Super Advisor
hawkins77337
Total Posts: 1,105
Registered on: ‎02-16-2012

Not familiar with those meds, I would talk to your pharmacist to see if there might be interactions going on, or if any of them affect blood sugar. Ive heard statins can affect it, but im no expert. Your pharmacist is.
T2 one year
metformin 500 2x
Lantus 24 units
Vit d 5000 iu
Vit B complex
Amyltriptiline 75 mg
Alpha lipoic acid 600 mg a day
6-12 habeneros a day