lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,991
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Newly Diagnosed with Type 2? Enroll in our FREE program!

khurram wrote:

Hi every one, i am 34 and diagnosed with Diabetes in Jan 2012. Still try to determin what is best for me to go on medicen or control it with excersize and diet.

my initial reading was 228 with fasting and after changing my food habits and excersize plus madicent now it is near to 130.

sometime i feel low blood suger level in body while playing, so should i stop medication for the time being?

can any body advice me....

Hi Khurram, welcome.

Medication is usually not something that you should stop and start at will,  What medication(s) are you taking?

Also do you test when you feel low?  You might not be, the only way to tell is to test. If you feel that way during exercise you should first check the numbers because exercise can drive them low.  Here's a chart that can help:  click on the title

Carb/Exercise Chart

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Frequent Visitor
nelagnelag
Total Posts: 3
Registered on: ‎04-15-2012

Riding across the alps to spread awareness about diabetes

[ Edited ]

I was recently told I am pre-diabetic, and want to do something about it while also being an advocate.

I wonder how to find sponsors, if I can get support from ADA, etc.  I think I can do such a ride very affordably, as I plan to camp out a great deal and eat cheaply.

For more information:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=10396&v=M

regards, 

Galen

lizzylou

Re: Riding across the alps to spread awareness about diabetes

Solicitation for any reason is not allowed on these boards.

Your post has been reported.

Knowledge is Power!

Testing 101

All About Carbs

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Frequent Visitor
nelagnelag

[ Edited ]

This was not solicitation, I said "I wonder how I can find sponsors", didn't ask for money.

I actually am looking for advice on this from constructive supportive community.

Frequent Visitor
nelagnelag

I've reported yours as well, as inappropriate, thanks.

lizzylou

nelagnelag wrote:

Inappropriate isn't against the rules, advertising and soliciting is. :smileytongue:  

Knowledge is Power!

Testing 101

All About Carbs

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

mollythed
Total Posts: 5,927
Topics: 75
High Fives: 1,057
Solutions: 116

nelagnelag wrote:

I was recently told I am pre-diabetic, and want to do something about it while also being an advocate.

I wonder how to find sponsors, if I can get support from ADA, etc.  I think I can do such a ride very affordably, as I plan to camp out a great deal and eat cheaply.

For more information:

regards, 

Galen

I think it generally works the other way around, where you raise donations from your friends, family and others to go the American Diabetes Association.  You can read more about that at http://www.diabetes.org/donate/do-it-yourself-fundraising.html?loc=DropDownDON-diy-fundraising.

"Molly" (aka mollythed)
Type 2 diabetes diagnosed in 1995, now managed with Lantus, Humalog and Metformin; diet and exercise.
My husband and three adult sons also have type 2 diabetes.

Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,826
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

Re: Newly Diagnosed with Type 2? Enroll in our FREE program!

nelagnelag wrote:

For more information:

regards, 

Galen

If you want to see if the ADA will sponsor you in your endeavor you can call or write the ADA Main Office at,

CONTACT US

American Diabetes Association
1701 North Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311

1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383)

You will also notice that I changed the subject of the thread back to it's original title. Some of us members do not like it when someone changes the subject line of a thread.

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety
ADAMateo
Total Posts: 794
Topics: 183
High Fives: 163
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

lizzylou wrote:

nelagnelag wrote:

Inappropriate isn't against the rules, advertising and soliciting is. :smileytongue:  

Actually, just so we're clear, all three are against the rules. You will notice that when we leave placeholder messages for moved posts, the word "inappropriate" is specifically used. Please also see Section 3 of our Community Standards:

http://community.diabetes.org/t5/Forum-Tools-Information/Our-Community-Standards/td-p/31671

Lizzy is right, however, that we do not allow outside solicitations. We hope you'll understand why. If all people hoping to raise funds posted their requests here, even only those for diabetes awareness/research, we'd have a slew of posts every day about this.

I see that you are a biker. We would encourage you to participate in one of our Tour de Cure events!

http://tour.diabetes.org/site/PageServer?pagename=TC_whereweride

Cheers,

Matt Emery (ADAMateo)
Community Administrator
American Diabetes Association
www.diabetes.org

Feel free to email me (community@diabetes.org) if you have questions about the community or the variety of programs and online resources available from our Association. Please note, however, as a matter of precaution that I do not have diabetes.
lizzylou

ADAMateo wrote:

lizzylou wrote:

nelagnelag wrote:

Actually, just so we're clear, all three are against the rules. You will notice that when we leave placeholder messages for moved posts, the word "inappropriate" is specifically used. Please also see Section 3 of our Community Standards:

http://community.diabetes.org/t5/Forum-Tools-Information/Our-Community-Standards/td-p/31671

Lizzy is right, however, that we do not allow outside solicitations. We hope you'll understand why. If all people hoping to raise funds posted their requests here, even only those for diabetes awareness/research, we'd have a slew of posts every day about this.

I see that you are a biker. We would encourage you to participate in one of our Tour de Cure events!

http://tour.diabetes.org/site/PageServer?pagename=TC_whereweride

Cheers,

He's also quilty of Inappropriate, I'll send you a copy of the private message he sent me calling me names!  Real sweet guy.

Lizzy 

Knowledge is Power!

Testing 101

All About Carbs

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more