Reply
Long Lost Member
lbb53
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎01-24-2012

Medical ID Tags/Bracelets

I was diagnosed (Type-2) about a month ago and have been learning all I can about my diabetes.  Most books say to wear a medical ID tag/bracelet (or carry a card).  I feel I should order a bracelet to alert others of my Type-2, and I also have high blood pressure and hypothyroidism.  Does anyone here have suggestions or comments on the best type to get and from whom (or what or who to avoid).  I also need to consider cost.  Thank you for any help you can provide. 

lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,915
Topics: 563
High Fives: 1,979
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets


lbb53 wrote:

I was diagnosed (Type-2) about a month ago and have been learning all I can about my diabetes.  Most books say to wear a medical ID tag/bracelet (or carry a card).  I feel I should order a bracelet to alert others of my Type-2, and I also have high blood pressure and hypothyroidism.  Does anyone here have suggestions or comments on the best type to get and from whom (or what or who to avoid).  I also need to consider cost.  Thank you for any help you can provide. 


You can recieve a free medical necklace like this one:

 


 

 

 

By going to this site, click on the title

 

http://www.diabeteswellness.net/WellnessNetwork/FREEDiabetesIDNecklace.aspx

 

 

Lizzy

 

 

Knowledge is Power!





Here's some useful links, click on the titles


Testing 101
 
 All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos



Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  


Long Lost Member
lbb53
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎01-24-2012

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets

Thanks, Lizzy. 

Frequent Advisor
sunritef
Total Posts: 2,449
Registered on: ‎11-30-2009

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets

just be careful to keep those free IDs from a chlorine pool..  My neck has turned all different colors a few times (they sent me multiple IDs,, not sure why)...



You go to school to learn, not for a report card.
You use your meter to learn, not for a report card

Type 1 (LADA).. Novolog/Levemir

Adult onset T1
lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,915
Topics: 563
High Fives: 1,979
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets


sunritef wrote:

just be careful to keep those free IDs from a chlorine pool..  My neck has turned all different colors a few times (they sent me multiple IDs,, not sure why)...



So you don't like being a "colorful" guy?:smileylol:

 

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!





Here's some useful links, click on the titles


Testing 101
 
 All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos



Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  


Frequent Advisor
sunritef
Total Posts: 2,449
Registered on: ‎11-30-2009

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets


lizzylou wrote:

sunritef wrote:

just be careful to keep those free IDs from a chlorine pool..  My neck has turned all different colors a few times (they sent me multiple IDs,, not sure why)...



So you don't like being a "colorful" guy?:smileylol:

 

Lizzy


Personally, Ihve no problem being colorful..Once the necklace was wet with cholrine, it kept giving me color.. Took me a while to figure out why my shirts were getting ruined.  diabetes is expensive enough without having disposable shirts :-)



You go to school to learn, not for a report card.
You use your meter to learn, not for a report card

Type 1 (LADA).. Novolog/Levemir

Adult onset T1
Advisor
ronaka
Total Posts: 950
Registered on: ‎12-24-2011

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets

Here is another place you can order a bracelet or tag. If you are taking insulin or a drug that can cause low BG it is probably a good idea to wear one.

 

American Medical ID

Ron

Not a doctor, only another T2 diabetic with, unfortunately 11 year experience. Be cautious about accepting advice, including mine, on medical conditions from the internet. It can be a good place to get ideas, but validate them with your doctor and other medical professionals first.
Super Advisor
ffmaya
Total Posts: 1,419
Registered on: ‎10-29-2011

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets

I have a little card in my wallet, that I typed up myself, stating my health issues, any meds I am taking, emergency contact and emergency contact for my dog, in case my husband is with me.  The reason I am doing that is NOT for the chance of going "low" but in case I am in an accident and unresponsive.

 

Farida

Farida

" Remember, Google is your friend"

Dx'd Type II on Halloween 2011
Current 8/20/14 - A1c 5.8
Metformin 1000 mg twice daily
Flexeril 10mg for Fibromyalgia
Gabapentin 3200mg for Fibromyalgia
Clonazepam 1mg for Anxiety
Occasional Visitor
steelid
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎06-21-2013

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets

Dear Friend,

 

    If you are suffering from diabetes then wearing a medical id bracelets helps you to remind about your diagnosis date so that you can't forgot your date of treatments. there are various kind of medical id jewelry available in the market with various styles and designs.

alan_s
Total Posts: 14,604
Topics: 203
High Fives: 1,440
Solutions: 163
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

Re: Medical ID Tags/Bracelets


steelid wrote:

Dear Friend,

 

    If you are suffering from diabetes then wearing a medical id bracelets helps you to remind about your diagnosis date so that you can't forgot your date of treatments. there are various kind of medical id jewelry available in the market with various styles and designs.


 

I don't suppose there is a possibility you could advise me where I could buy one? :smileyvery-happy:

 

Apologies if I have unfairly judged.

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: It Must Be OK - It's Sugar-Free! Wrong!)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)