Long Lost Member
brendabsmith
Total Posts: 12
Registered on: ‎12-12-2009

Itchy Bumps

I have some very small bumps on the bottom of my feet that seem to move (2 or3). They started on the bottom of my foot about mid-way or lower and have since moved up to about the top third of my foot. They itch and I have tried different things on them. Anti-itch lotion, creams, Eucerin, hydrocortisone, etc
It is only one of my feet. I thought maybe I had athlete's foot a year or so ago, but have tried different solutions and it doesn't seem as bad.
I've had the bumps maybe 6-9 months and for awhile it seemed they were gone.
I was diagnosed Oct 30 of this year and it is Type 2.
Thanks,
lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,989
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Itchy Bumps

BB Smith (12/28/2009)
I have some very small bumps on the bottom of my feet that seem to move (2 or3). They started on the bottom of my foot about mid-way or lower and have since moved up to about the top third of my foot. They itch and I have tried different things on them. Anti-itch lotion, creams, Eucerin, hydrocortisone, etc

It is only one of my feet. I thought maybe I had athlete's foot a year or so ago, but have tried different solutions and it doesn't seem as bad.

I've had the bumps maybe 6-9 months and for awhile it seemed they were gone.

I was diagnosed Oct 30 of this year and it is Type 2.

Thanks,

Hi Brenda, you have me at a loss on this one. When you say they move do you mean it spreads from on place to another?

Proper foot care is important for diabetics, and your doctor should check your feet on each visit. Have you mentioned this problem to the doctor? Since you've had it for over six months it doesn't seem to be something that requires immediate attention unless it gets a lot worse, but why don't you call the doctor and describe the situation and see what s/he says about it. And make sure that your feet are checked on your next visit.

Lizzy
Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Established Advisor
bugbarb
Total Posts: 553
Registered on: ‎11-05-2009

Itchy Bumps

Being diabetic, we are prone to all sorts of infections especially those organisms that feed off of sugar like yeast and fungus. Athlete's foot is a form of fungus. I don't know what topical cream you have been using or how often you applied it, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to use it continuously. I mean use it for longer than the recommended time and after all signs of the bumps are gone. You might be getting reinfected every time you stop using the athlete's foot medicine. Make sure you put it between your toes. That is where it gets me. The skin just peels off and gets raw easily.

Check your belly button. That is another place that is warm and damp. If it is red, irritated or smells bad, putting some athletes foot creme in it might not be a bad idea.

Check ALL other areas of your body that are continuously moist....underarms, underbreasts, butt-crack, feminine area.......red bumps, bad odor, itching...can all be signs of yeast and you can get yeast growing in all those places. Check with your doctor as to what he recommends to best treat/prevent problems in those body areas.

You will find that your yeast/fungus/athlete's foot issues will lessen as you bring your blood glucose levels down closer to a normal person's. I am on long term antibiotics so I'm at a high risk for yeast infections being diabetic as well. I am not having yeast problems. Why? I don't eat sugar. I don't eat very many carbohydrates and carb's are what your body converts into sugar. And, I keep my blood glucose fairly close if not in the recommended range of under 120 (by my doctors)

You may have something other than athlete's foot. If the condition persists even with diligent treatment, pester your doctor.
Too much of a good food will raise my blood glucose.