Advisor
Carleen656
Total Posts: 429
Registered on: ‎05-11-2012

If You Pray to Saints...

[ Edited ]

I just found this and thought it was interesting.  I had never heard of St. Pauline Visintainer and thought you all would like to see this prayer.  She is considered the patron saint of diabetecs.   IF YOU are not interested in such stuff, please just ignore my post but don't say nasty things!!!

Prayer to St. Pauline Visintainer
St. Pauline, you have suffered much in your life blind with Diabetes. In heaven, you can see clearly now. The love of God and the sick, enabled you to endure tragedy; your example will forever be our vision.

St. Pauline, ask God to give me the strength to sustain this illness, and to allow my body to produce energy needed to function. I ask your loving intercession to control my blood sugar and other risk factors, so my body will live and I may live to help others. (Add your own intentions)

St. Pauline, intercede to Our Savior to help the newly diagnosed Diabetics throughout the world so they may have medical and Divine intervention.

Healing Heart of Jesus cleanse us from all sin to be Reborn in Faith, Hope and External Love.

B.D.G

With Eccliastical Permission - Diocese of Harrisburg

Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Advisor
kyfroggie
Total Posts: 279
Registered on: ‎11-23-2009

Re: If You Pray to Saints...

[ Edited ]

Carleen,

Thanks for the post. Never thought of a patron saint for diabetics. Did a little Google search and there are apparently two patron saints for diabetics. The other is St. Josemaria Escriva. You have given me a perfect idea for a birthday gift for my aunt this month. She is also a diabetic and very hard to shop for. Hope to find a medal or prayer card. 

Have a great day.

Carol

By the way what does the B.D.G. stand for?

Advisor
Carleen656

Glad you liked it.  I'm always hesitant to suggest things of a sensitive nature!

The main site has medals and other items that might be of interest.

BDG = initials of the fellow who wrote the prayer.  He signs his work with is initials.

Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Advisor
Carleen656

His name is Bob Greco.

I don't know how to edit a previous post so I posted again.

Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Advisor
kyfroggie
Total Posts: 279
Registered on: ‎11-23-2009

Carleen656 wrote:

His name is Bob Greco.

Thanks for the reply. FYI. To edit your post, use the Options button in the top right hand corner. "Edit your reply" is the first choice in the pull down menu.

Carol

Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,914
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

kyfroggie wrote:

Carleen656 wrote:

His name is Bob Greco.

Thanks for the reply. FYI. To edit your post, use the Options button in the top right hand corner. "Edit your reply" is the first choice in the pull down menu.

Carol

But you only have a certain amount of time to do it until that option goes away. I think it is about a day or two.

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety
lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,994
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Carleen656 wrote:

Glad you liked it.  I'm always hesitant to suggest things of a sensitive nature!

plus

IF YOU are not interested in such stuff, please just ignore my post but don't say nasty things!!!

It always helps to know the reasons "why" for certain things so that you better understand the issues.

Posting religious content is not against any rules really, but some of the biggest wars ever on the boards regarded religion.  This is why we try to steer clear of overtly religious content or things that advocate any one religion over others.

This board is world-wide with many different people in many places with many different faiths.  Some with none at all too.  Sometimes we forget this, but it's true.  When I look at the places people who read my blog come from it's amazing, even countries that I'd never heard of and have to look up.  So these boards have a very wide audience.

We really frown upon outright preaching or statements such as one particular God is the true one and you must believe or you are doomed,  (yes we've had statements like this.)  We're also not too fond of quotes from one particular religious text, since there are many in the world.  Also sometimes people come here and say "I'm a (pick name of faith) and would like to talk to others of that faith.  Well there are religious diabetes boards geared toward a particular faith, but this is for all people of all faiths. 

No one minds saying things such as "I'll pray for you" or statements like that.  Since you're not trying to push your faith on others your post seems okay too.  But don't assume that people will jump on you or be nasty.  You have to understand a little of the history to really understand the "boundaries" of what is acceptable and what isn't really.

If anything you post would make others uncomfortable or as though they aren't part of the group, think twice about posting it.  It's just common sense to remember that all different people of different faiths make up the world and the boards are made up of all different people in the world.

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Advisor
Carleen656

I'm well-aware of such controversy.  That's why I always indicate that people are free to read or not read my posts.

"Nasty" is just the tip of the iceburg - that's why I said that.  I don't preach to anyone, and I don't want to be preached to.  

I DO carefully weigh my messages before posting.  So, yes indeedy - my post was most assuredly OK.  I've been "around the Horn" a few times in my rather lenghy life and know enough not to start WW III over a post.   Hence, my disclaimer at the beginning of my post. 

I "understand the issues", travel world-wide and can behave in an international community.  Please don't assume otherwise.

Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,994
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Carleen656 wrote:

I'm well-aware of such controversy.  That's why I always indicate that people are free to read or not read my posts.

"Nasty" is just the tip of the iceburg - that's why I said that.  I don't preach to anyone, and I don't want to be preached to.  

I DO carefully weigh my messages before posting.  So, yes indeedy - my post was most assuredly OK.  I've been "around the Horn" a few times in my rather lenghy life and know enough not to start WW III over a post.   Hence, my disclaimer at the beginning of my post. 

I "understand the issues", travel world-wide and can behave in an international community.  Please don't assume otherwise.

I see you've chosen to be insulted by my attempt to explain the situation to you.  I can't control how you perceive my intentions, but you're not the only person reading the post so perhaps now others will understand the situation more clearly who aren't as "worldly" as you.

Lizzy 

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Frequent Responder
stingbearer
Total Posts: 52
Registered on: ‎06-14-2012

kyfroggie wrote:

Carleen,

Thanks for the post. Never thought of a patron saint for diabetics. Did a little Google search and there are apparently two patron saints for diabetics. The other is St. Josemaria Escriva. You have given me a perfect idea for a birthday gift for my aunt this month. She is also a diabetic and very hard to shop for. Hope to find a medal or prayer card. 

Have a great day.

Carol

By the way what does the B.D.G. stand for?

Same here! I love looking up patron saints. That is so cool to have not just one, but two for diabetes.  I'll be checking out their actas (histories) in a bit.  Btw, I've been beseeching St. Anthony lately (patron for missing objects, among other things).  Everytime I put down my glasses, I can't remember where they are:  

Tony, Tony look around.  Something's lost and can't be found.  

Hasn't failed me yet  :smileyhappy:!

Glipizide 5mg bid