Occasional Contributor
CJMosca
Total Posts: 5
Registered on: ‎01-23-2012

Blood sugar reading of 77 after workout

I am newly diagnosed (2 months) and my readings have tended to be 130-150 with occassional spikes (up to 180 after eating) and as low as 95 when I walk.  Tonight I was walking on a treadmill and could feel the workout was a bit more strenuous than my walks around the neighborhood.  When I finished I was pretty tired but otherwise felt fine.  I had gone out to dinner earlier tonight and had a salad and 4 beers.  I was curious where my level would be so I tested and was at 77.  Should I be concerned?  This is new to me and this is the first time Ive dropped below 90.  I feel fine (other than being tired from the workout)...thoughts?

alan_s
Total Posts: 15,010
Topics: 208
High Fives: 1,587
Solutions: 180
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

Re: Blood sugar reading of 77 after workout

CJMosca wrote:

I am newly diagnosed (2 months) and my readings have tended to be 130-150 with occassional spikes (up to 180 after eating) and as low as 95 when I walk.  Tonight I was walking on a treadmill and could feel the workout was a bit more strenuous than my walks around the neighborhood.  When I finished I was pretty tired but otherwise felt fine.  I had gone out to dinner earlier tonight and had a salad and 4 beers.  I was curious where my level would be so I tested and was at 77.  Should I be concerned?  This is new to me and this is the first time Ive dropped below 90.  I feel fine (other than being tired from the workout)...thoughts?

G'day and welcome to the forum.

77 is fine. No need to be concerned unless you start going under 70 and even then don't worry unduly if you are still over 60 and feel OK.

The alcohol in those beers plus the exercise probably had a bit to do with that level; it is likely you varied a bit over the next few hours as the carbs in the beers also had an effect.

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)