Responder
riya123
Total Posts: 43
Registered on: ‎12-27-2011

Re: the good and the not so good.

I am always in seach of the receipies which are best for diabetes. Because my causin have a diabetes and I am very careful about his health. Salad is one of the best receipe for diabetes to control blood sugar level.

Advisor
veganist
Total Posts: 73
Registered on: ‎12-07-2011

High levels of cholesterol are not to be taken lightly. The first heart attack for one out of four people results in sudden death. Those are poor odds. My approach to health is based on long term management. By treating your cholesterol with a nutritional approach, (none stated here) you are at the same time treating diabetes. The human body is a miraculous machine when given the opportunity for healing. If you are interested, there is a book that comes highly recommended written by Caldwell Esselstyn, M.D. titled Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. Your health deserves it.   

alan_s
Total Posts: 15,075
Topics: 210
High Fives: 1,620
Solutions: 181
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

veganist wrote:

High levels of cholesterol are not to be taken lightly. The first heart attack for one out of four people results in sudden death. Those are poor odds. My approach to health is based on long term management. By treating your cholesterol with a nutritional approach, (none stated here) you are at the same time treating diabetes. The human body is a miraculous machine when given the opportunity for healing. If you are interested, there is a book that comes highly recommended written by Caldwell Esselstyn, M.D. titled Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. Your health deserves it.   

We should give thanks to Veganist for expanding our list of doctors not to see.

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Frequent Responder
__bsc_
Total Posts: 621
Registered on: ‎05-26-2010

[ Edited ]

OMG.  Caldwell Esselstyn.  Another member of the racket.  Esselstyn is a member of the advisory board of the animal rights front organization PCRM.  I would caution against anything this man writes, he has not done any scientific work in decades and has never done any work on nutrition and health.  His motives are highly suspect (like others who shall not be named).   Apparently many vegans also seemed underwhelmed by his lack of scientific background.  My advice, skip this aged extremist practicer of woo.

What is next on the list, John McDougall or Walter Bond? 

Frequent Responder
wintersquash
Total Posts: 131
Registered on: ‎01-13-2012

__bsc_ wrote:

OMG.  Caldwell Esselstyn.  Another member of the racket.  Esselstyn is a member of the advisory board of the animal rights front organization PCRM.  I would caution against anything this man writes, he has not done any scientific work in decades and has never done any work on nutrition and health.  His motives are highly suspect (like others who shall not be named).   Apparently many vegans also seemed underwhelmed by his lack of scientific background.  My advice, skip this aged extremist practicer of woo.

What is next on the list, John McDougall or Walter Bond? 

The guy who made my noodle cups? 

Current A1C is 5.6