torchlady
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎07-13-2012

low-carb pasta

We went to a nutiritonist to set new goals for my husband who had a metabolic event which compromised his health. She told us about a new pasta- "Dreamfields" which has "inulin" in it that keeps most of the carbs from digesting leaving the digestible carbs at only 5 for a single serving! Check it out if you miss white pasta! Safeway and  Raleys have it in CA.! 

Super Advisor
grannyred
Total Posts: 4,447
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

Re: low-carb pasta

Just make sure you only cook it as long as the directions say or you compromise the coating, I always cook mine a minuter or two less.

See ya.........................................Big Red..........................................Peace

P.S. Just finished off the pasta salad I made with the Dreamsfield Rotini......yummmmm!!!

Granny Red is Big Red Type 2 DX 2/17/09 A1c 7.7 2/2011 A1c 4.7  5/2011 A1c  4.7 8/2011 A1c 4.9 -11/2011 -4.7
March / 2012 New A1c 5.0 !
A1c Nov.2012...4.7
A1c Jan 21, 2013 5.2 Adding Met 2 X 500 mg
Newest A1c April 24,2013....back to 4.9......WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!
Low Carb and lots of Exercise Don't believe everything you think !!!!!! Please help save the Earth.....it's the only planet with Chocolate !!!!
NATIVE EARTH !!!!!
My Secret..............low carb, exercise, Graze not Gorge and portion size !!!!!!

Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth. Truth must be absolute; otherwise it is merely opinion.
Advisor
stxsheila
Total Posts: 150
Registered on: ‎08-09-2010

Dreamfield's is great and I love it since it tastes like regular pasta. I've never been able to get used to the taste and texture of whole wheat. I know one of the 'secrets' to it keeping down BG is to cook it for a shorter time but, how do you make lasagna? This traditionally needs to be baked for a hour or so.

Sheila
Diagnosed 9/09 BG 245 A1C of 11.1
Jan '14 A1C 5.9
500md Metformin ER, Glipizide XL 2.5mg
Super Advisor
suesmith
Total Posts: 406
Registered on: ‎09-27-2011

[ Edited ]

Another thing about Dreamfield's-just make enough for one serving-when you reheat it (at least in my case) it removes whatever 'matrix' is used, and it spikes me like regular old pasta would.-I did two different tests with reheating the leftovers at 2 different times-1st time BG 200, 2nd time BG 225-not good :smileyfrustrated:

What I do though, is cook a box of it, and use one portion just for that meal with spaghetti sauce, and use the balance in cold salads, such as pasta salad or macaroni salad. The lasagna is very good, too and worked well for me... Again YMMV, I can't eat it reheated.

Happy eating!

Sue

Type 2
1000mg/day Janumet
DX: September 2011: A1C 13.6 FBG 389
July 2012: A1c 5.6 FBG 84
alan_s
Total Posts: 14,373
Topics: 203
High Fives: 1,365
Solutions: 155
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

torchlady wrote:

We went to a nutiritonist to set new goals for my husband who had a metabolic event which compromised his health. She told us about a new pasta- "Dreamfields" which has "inulin" in it that keeps most of the carbs from digesting leaving the digestible carbs at only 5 for a single serving! Check it out if you miss white pasta! Safeway and  Raleys have it in CA.! 

G'day and welcome to the forum.

Others have answered on Dreamfields. I'd like to invite your hubby - and yourself -  to come over to the Type 2 Forum to meet the rest of us.

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: It Must Be OK - It's Sugar-Free! Wrong!)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Morocco: Moulay Idriss)