Long Lost Member
zmmm@optonline.net
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎05-20-2010

Coconut Flour

Recently ran across Coconut Flour. Made a bread with it which was very good and scone like. Haven't tested my levels yet (it's only been 1/2 hour since I ate a piece). I was just wondering what everyone else's opinion/experience is on it. It is supposed to have a very low carb count. The bread seemed too good to be true... Thank you all in advance for the input!!!
Long Lost Member
macleod
Total Posts: 117
Registered on: ‎05-01-2010

Coconut Flour

Please give an update on your after meal test results. Did you make it in a bread machine? I would like the recipe if so. also where do you find the flour? I am really interest in trying this out. Thanks.

Sorry I am asking questions and not giving answers.
Long Lost Member
zmmm@optonline.net
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎05-20-2010

Coconut Flour

It was really good! AND my numbers were a 97!!! No bread machine, it was like making a cake. It kind of had the consistency and reminded me of a scone, but was very good and filling. I found the recipe here:

http://lowcarbeating.com/low-carb-diet-support/low-carb-cooking/18196-coconut-flour-bread.html

I did not put in the honey and I did not subsitute it with anything. It was still good, I guess all the butter helped. Can't wait to try the pancakes next!

I got the flour from a health food store. Don't know where you live, but I think Whole Foods and Trader Joe's carry it. If not, I did find a website to purchase it from on-line. Good luck!
Long Lost Member
macleod
Total Posts: 117
Registered on: ‎05-01-2010

Coconut Flour

It sounds good and easy to make. I will have to make a trip over to Trader Joe's. Thanks for the info.