11-14-2009 08:01 AM
2 cups pecans, grind in food processor or blender in small batches until like meal
1/3 cup Hershey�s Dark Cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
� tsp. salt
1 cup Splenda
� cup melted butter ( 1 stick)
� cup water
� cup sugar free chocolate syrup (from a coffee shop, such as Da Vinci syrup)
1 tsp. good vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350, Grease a round cake pan or use Pam spray.
Put ground pecans into large bowl. Add rest of dry ingredients. Mix well with electric beater.
Add the wet ingredients and beat until well blended.
Pour into pan. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, start testing at 25 mins. with toothpick.
Cut when cool. Serve with ice cream or Cool Whip and some chocolate sauce.
Makes 8 servings. 6 grams protein, 2 grams effective carbos, 334 calories
12-22-2011 10:01 AM
12-22-2011 02:27 PM
Sugar Free Chocolate Pecan Torte
By Laura Dolson, About.com Guide
Updated January 28, 2011
One of the best things about this flourless chocolate cake is how easy it is: You mix it all in the food processor in about 5 minutes. I get requests every year to bring "that yummy chocolate cake" to Passover Seder: I just leave out the baking powder and it only makes a small difference. I used to make it with sugar, but no one really noticed when I switched. It's especially nice with some homemade whipped cream and a little sugar-free chocolate sauce on top!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
• 2 cups pecans (in response to one of the comments, don't use salted pecans!)
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 1 t baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup (I stick) butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 cup erythritol (optional)
• Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar I use zero-carb liquid sweeteners .
• 1/2 cup water
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 or 9" round pan or springform pan.
1) Process pecans in food processor - pulse until they are meal - but they won't get quite as small as corn meal.
2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again. (Note on erythritol: You can do this recipe with all artificial sweetener, but I've begun experimenting with partial erythritol, with success. I haven't tested all different combinations yet, though - it may be that more erythritol is even better.)
3) Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.
4) Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5) Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.
Nutritional Information: Each of 8 servings has 2 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 334 calories.
Here's some useful links, click on the titles
All About Carbs
Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment
for lots more
12-27-2011 01:30 PM
Both of those recipes look delicious! If only Courtney like pecans. LoL Well, she might not like them but I love them! So I'm going to try it out.
I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but have you ever tried cooking with Phillo dough? It's that thin thin pastry dough you buy frozen. I made some Pumpkin Tortes with it this holiday. Just made the pumpkin filling with Splenda, everything else normal, took 1 sheet of phillo dough (6 carbs) folded it up, pushed into the cupcake pan hole so had a total of 20 made with 1 sheet Phillo dough each, filled with the pumpkin filling and cooked as normal. From searching just now for pie filling with Splenda, frozen pie crust and all, a regular size Pumpkin pie piece is about 39 carbs per (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/libbys-famous-pumpkin
We've decided to look into other things you can make with Phillo dough. The website for it has a whole listing of recipes you can use it for.
Mother of Courtney, Dx'd Type 1 in 2006 at age 14.
12-27-2011 01:41 PM
I love phillo dough sheets.............I make spinach/cheese spanakopita ( sp) all the time. Recently made baklava for a friend and had about 30 sheets leftover so I have them in the freezer. We have also filled them with leftover chicken and cream cheese......the possibilities are endless......LOL
See ya..................................Big Red..............................Peace
March / 2012 New A1c 5.0 !
A1c Jan 21, 2013 5.2 Adding Met 2 X 500 mg
Newest A1c April 24,2013....back to 4.9......WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!
Low Carb and lots of Exercise Don't believe everything you think !!!!!! Please help save the Earth.....it's the only planet with Chocolate !!!!
NATIVE EARTH !!!!!
My Secret..............low carb, exercise, Graze not Gorge and portion size !!!!!!