Responder
mrsvideoman
Total Posts: 14
Registered on: ‎09-11-2011

30 day diabetes cure

Has anyone read and tried the book 30 Day Diabetes Cure from Bottom Line Books?
I read it and started the plan and am on day 7.  It is a bit challenging but I seem to be making headway with it and lowering my blood sugar.  I wondered if anyone else has tried it and what they think.
Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,617
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

30 day diabetes cure

There is no "CURE" for diabetes only good control through diet, exercise and medications (if needed). I believe that you have been taken.
James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety
Responder
mrsvideoman
Total Posts: 14
Registered on: ‎09-11-2011

30 day diabetes cure

I agree there is no "cure" but this program has really taught me how to control my eating and is bringing down my blood sugar.  I guess it  is just that you need to find a program to follow and one you can stick with.  Thanks for the response.
alan_s
Total Posts: 14,754
Topics: 207
High Fives: 1,489
Solutions: 167
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

30 day diabetes cure

OK. I just googled and read the blurb.

As usual when the writer is only trying to flog their book rather than actually help you, it says nothing about the actual method. I can pick up by implication that he is suggesting cutting carbs and increasing protein. That's something almost every person here will suggest to you in any case.

I get rather skeptical when I see this sort orf emotive sales pitch:

But One Courageous Clinician Is Blowing the Whistle...
Dr. Stefan Ripich, ND, CNP will show you a remarkable 30-Day Diabetes Cure that's freeing thousands of diabetics from the expense and dependence on diabetes drugs, test strips, glucose monitors, expensive supplements and medical procedures. But don't wait to learn about it from your doctor! Since he can't profit, his lips are sealed.

So how about giving us the 30-second precis of exactly what this quack (any doctor using the word cure and diabetes in the same sentence is a quack) tells you to do in his book.
Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Visitor
docinternet
Total Posts: 3
Registered on: ‎02-13-2012

Re: 30 day diabetes cure

I have been on the 30 day diabetes cure program for 27 days and I have found it to be very helpful.  Before starting the program (I call it "program" and not "diet" because it is more than just a diet) my morning fasting blood sugar was routinely above 150.  Now it is routinely below 120.  The doctor was threatening to put me on insulin shots -- this has forestalled that.  Even though the book is expensive, I strongly recommend it to anyone who wishes to dramatically lower their blood sugar level.

Super Advisor
jpg391

[ Edited ]

docinternet wrote:

I have been on the 30 day diabetes cure program for 27 days and I have found it to be very helpful.  Before starting the program (I call it "program" and not "diet" because it is more than just a diet) my morning fasting blood sugar was routinely above 150.  Now it is routinely below 120.  The doctor was threatening to put me on insulin shots -- this has forestalled that.  Even though the book is expensive, I strongly recommend it to anyone who wishes to dramatically lower their blood sugar level.

The "Thirty Day Diabetes Cure Program" is just a bunch of "SNAKE OIL". I would not waste my money on it.

First of all, there is no "CURE" for diabetes. All we can do is control it as tightly as possible.

Second a fasting BG of 120 is not good and your doctor just might put you on that insulin.

James G

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
Visitor
docinternet
Total Posts: 3
Registered on: ‎02-13-2012

jpg391 -- I think you are a little rude.  Of course there is no cure, in the literal sense of the word.  However, anything that can allow me to reduce or eliminate my intake of Metformin and Glipizide is a good thing.  Also, I said "BELOW" 120.  In fact it is often well below 100.  I am sorry for you if you have not been able to find the help you need.  However, you do not have to be critical of those who have found some help.

Super Advisor
jpg391

[ Edited ]

docinternet wrote:

jpg391 -- I think you are a little rude.  Of course there is no cure, in the literal sense of the word.  However, anything that can allow me to reduce or eliminate my intake of Metformin and Glipizide is a good thing.  Also, I said "BELOW" 120.  In fact it is often well below 100.  I am sorry for you if you have not been able to find the help you need.  However, you do not have to be critical of those who have found some help.

What makes you think I was being rude? This is exactly what you said in your post.

Just the name of the program suggests that this is a cure for diabetes. Some of the new people who come here are looking for just that, a cure!

You said that your blood sugar was routinely below 120 not well below 100! I hope you do get off your medications.

Don't you assume any thing about me. I have had diabetes for 30 years, how long have you been diagnosed? I have also found the help that I need and am doing quite well.

James G

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
81mg Asprin once a day
Super Advisor
Talvie
Total Posts: 3,377
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

mrsvideoman wrote:
Has anyone read and tried the book 30 Day Diabetes Cure from Bottom Line Books?
I read it and started the plan and am on day 7.  It is a bit challenging but I seem to be making headway with it and lowering my blood sugar.  I wondered if anyone else has tried it and what they think.

I too am suspicious of anything that touts a "cure" for diabetes.  There is no cure, and I don't need this book to control my diabetes.  I have worked out a plan for controlling my diabetes that has cost me absolutely nothing, and it has worked for 11 years, very well. 

We see a lot of these miracle plans all the time, and they are not worth the paper they are written on or the same information can be had absolutely free elsewhere.  Just the title of the book tells me that I don't want to spend another second even considering it.  If they will lie in the title of the book, what else will they lie about, I have to wonder. 

Talvie

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin
Diagnosed December 13, 2000 w/A1c of 7.6. June 2014 A1c 5.6 Controlling with diet and exercise starting today.
Super Advisor
yellocanoe
Total Posts: 3,142
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

The way I see it is if this book promises something that we all know is not possible (cure), then why would I waste my time and money on such a "cure".  I started my diabetes on metformin, diet, & exercise.  Now I have my A1c down to normal levels and take no meds for it, still not "cured" though.  My fasting BG is typically in the 90's.

Tom  

Diagnosed T2 October, 2009  A1c 6.8
Currently on Metformin ER 1000mg per day
Last A1c 09/21/2013  5.4