Total Posts: 4,095
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

Simply Raw movie: all six patients drop insulin and meds or lessen them

Long Lost Member
eturk
Total Posts: 39
Registered on: ‎06-19-2011

A friend just told me that they've gotten completely off meds! He's been on a partially raw diet and got off them in the first month. And this is cool... he splurged the other night and had BBQ ribs (sugary sauce eh?). Well his body reacted as it did with the meds. It's naturally correcting.

Now that is promising eh? But I do realize that many diabetics prefer to take pills the rest of their life rather than change diet. It's a choice. Just nice to know there are alternative to pills and side effects of pills. 

Still searching for more examples and long term real people...
Frequent Advisor
billsreef
Total Posts: 4,095
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

I'm still waiting to hear first hand accounts, instead of hearsay.
Long Lost Member
eturk
Total Posts: 39
Registered on: ‎06-19-2011

What qualifies as a first hand account? Have you sought out or spoken to anyone directly that has done a raw diet? Or tried it yourself?

trisha01
Total Posts: 6,354
Topics: 307
High Fives: 674
Blog Posts: 62
Solutions: 72
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and other meds ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

Responder
thiruvelan
Total Posts: 19
Registered on: ‎11-03-2009

Re: Simply Raw movie: all six patients drop insulin and meds or lessen them

There are many cliams daily for a cure for diabetes without any clinical study backup or any other scientific proof.

May be type 2 diabetes can be managed (not cured) without medication and with some smart diet and active exercises. This will not me suitable for all the type 2 diabetes only few.

But type 1 diabetes cannot be managed without insulin shot, don't try. There are many researches going on to find a cure for type 1 diabetes with some progress and we can expect a positive at any time. Before that don't trap into this marketing pitch and loss money and health (some time even life).

Established Advisor
efpat
Total Posts: 342
Registered on: ‎11-01-2009

I am amazed that this thread is still going on after 5 or 6 months!  Many post, like Trisha's of

Evan
Diagnosed November 2007. A1C - 11.4, A1C since 5.2-6.0. Metformin 1000 2x a day.
Best comment I ever heard from someone with diabetes. - "I take my meds and I cheat every now and then." This was from a 95 year old woman living with type 2 for over 50 years!
trisha01
Total Posts: 6,354
Topics: 307
High Fives: 674
Blog Posts: 62
Solutions: 72
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

[ Edited ]

Evan,

Many posts are blank, because there was some difficulty in the transistion, to this new forum format. However, on all that I've seen with blank entries, the actual post appears just below it, from what I've been able to see. Matt has been working on deleting the blank ones, but there are a lot of them, and it takes time to get to all of them.

This thread and others, keep getting brought to the top, because 1.) People don't look at dates ... and 2.) They want to have their say.

p.s. The one of mine that you referenced, was just an image of a troll or popcorn or similiar. Images didn't transfer over, during the transistion.

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and other meds ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,824
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

trisha01 wrote:

Evan,

Many posts are blank, because there was some difficulty in the transistion, to this new forum format. However, on all that I've seen with blank entries, the actual post appears just below it, from what I've been able to see. Matt has been working on deleting the blank ones, but there are a lot of them, and it takes time to get to all of them.

This thread and others, keep getting brought to the top, because 1.) People don't look at dates ... and 2.) They want to have their say.

P.S.. The one of mine that you referenced, was just an image of a troll or popcorn or similiar. Images didn't transfer over, during the transistion.

Trisha

Trisha, thanks for the information!

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety