Occasional Contributor
theszak
Total Posts: 3
Registered on: ‎03-27-2011

What other meters are compatible with the iMac Apple Computer?

What other meters, what other blood glucose monitoring systems are compatible with the iMac Apple Computer?... besides the Bayer ContourUSB
Long Lost Member
stephenthomas
Total Posts: 23
Registered on: ‎05-09-2010

Medtronic CareLink (OneTouch Ultralink) just announced that they have a mac version. I have not looked at it yet. But after about 5 years of complaining at least once a year it's about time.
Super Advisor
leehr
Total Posts: 2,167
Registered on: ‎11-01-2009

I suggest that you contact the iMac manufacturer's to see what blood glucose meters they suggest to use.  They know their product best!

One contact I suggest follows;  I always use the manufacturer for such questions:
call 1-800-MY-APPLE

Joan

* Type 1 Diagnosed for 56 years as of Nov 2013
* 50 Year Type 1 Medalist Award from Joslin Diabetes Clinic (Harvard Medical School)
* Medtronic Paradigm Revel 523 insulin pump as of March 2011
* Insulin: Humalog
* Food Allergies: milk, yeast, corn
* Hashimoto's thyroid disease
* A bit of arthritis
* One kidney due to benign Angiomyolipoma.
* Volunteer Community Disaster Co-Coordinator
* Hobbies/Interests: Wildlife Naturalists, artist, gardening, music
Responder
tcoutts
Total Posts: 35
Registered on: ‎01-13-2011

I have only ever used a Mac and had the same problem for a long time.  Now, there are two solutions.  You can use a virtualizer package such as Parallels or Boot Camp that will permit you to use your Mac exactly like a PC.  My guess is that most meters nowadays are compatible with PCs rather than with Macs.  The second solution is to use the meter that I bought about 4 months ago.  It is made by Bayer and works well with my Mac (MacBook Pro).  It has its own software that is downloaded and is available for both Macs and PCs.  The meter itself is just like a USB flash memory drive and it plugs directly into a USB port on your machine.  The spreadsheets are wonderful and provide a vast amount of information.

So, as a starting point, look for a meter on the Bayer website.  I hope this helps.

Tim C.

Tim C.
Long Lost Member
htw49ers
Total Posts: 16
Registered on: ‎11-26-2009

Thanks for the update.  I will try that later and let you know how it works.  And, yes, I have complained to them for years, also!