Long Lost Member
arhighsmith
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎05-25-2011

Foot Creams and Lotions

Any recommendations on foot creams and lotions for diabetics? 
Frequent Responder
senator2214
Total Posts: 76
Registered on: ‎10-19-2010

Foot Creams and Lotions

Foot cream body cream diabetic cream to me they are all the same. If you use them to get rid of dryness I use what ever is avalable, baby oil is great for all the above, body and foot and a little bit goes a long way .
If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself
Super Advisor
powerwalker2
Total Posts: 5,433
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

Foot Creams and Lotions

Glysolid or Aquaphor
Nancy ~ T2 since '98 ~ 16 yrs ~ D&E 11yrs ~ treadmill, elliptical, bike 15-20 minutes 3x/day (including evening), dumbbells/resistance training, small portions heart-healthy high-fiber/low-fat fuel/carb-counting, 500mg Glucophage XR x4, 2.5mg Glucotrol XL x6, 6000IU Vit. D/day ~ RHR 53 ~ A1cs mainly between 5.9-6.9 av. 6.5
Super Advisor
deafmack
Total Posts: 2,527
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Foot Creams and Lotions

As long as you are not looking for anything for a specific reason, any cream or lotion that has a good moisturizer will do. You have been given some good suggestions. I think the thing to do is even talk with your doctor or if you have a podiatrist ask him or her for suggestions as well. I use Ammonium Lactate Lotion 12% the prescription strength. There are similar lotions that you can also buy over the counter. I know you will be find what works best for you.

a Deaf person with Diabetes.

Long Lost Member
artisticme
Total Posts: 11
Registered on: ‎06-08-2011

Foot Creams and Lotions

Aside from being a diabetic, i have naturally dry skin.
Until recently, i just used a very nice hand cream on my feet to keep them
moisturized.  I would see the "diabetic foot creams" in the stores.. for $10 and up (ouch)
and wonder if it was worth it.

so i bought some.  it's nice cream.  mostly odorless.  makes the skin feel nice. 
but doesnt fly me to the moon, or do my taxes, or make me jump over a tall building
in a single bound..... or do any better job on my feet than my favorite hand cream.

Hand creams with olive oil seem to work the best for me.  I get them from Avon and from TJ Maxx.    MUCH cheaper and they smell nicer too.
Long Lost Member
cathymoore10@msn.com
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: ‎02-07-2010

Foot Creams and Lotions

Long Lost Member
cathymoore10@msn.com
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: ‎02-07-2010

Foot Creams and Lotions

Avon is coming out with a diabetic foot cream. i get to order my demo at the end of the month. can't wait to try it. my heels are so dry.
Long Lost Member
mimi1340
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎07-06-2011

Foot Creams and Lotions

DiabetiCare Borage Lotions are great.  DiabeticCare Lotion, Intensive Cream and Foot Cream all contain borage oil that really works.  You can order at www.diabeticarelabs.com
Advisor
Caloh
Total Posts: 635
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

Foot Creams and Lotions

A dermatologist at a diabetes expo I went to recommended petroleum jelly (brand name: Vasoline).  Spread a thin layer on your feet - but NOT between the toes - then put your socks or stockings on.  If heels are cracked, put a little extra on them.  In a day or two you will see an amazing difference.

Years ago someone told me that foot models always use Vasoline to keep their feet looking good.  I've been using petroleum jelly for years and my feet look and feel fine.  Don't worry - your shoes won't get greasy,  Mine don't. 
Frequent Responder
SpeechLady85
Total Posts: 619
Registered on: ‎11-03-2009

Foot Creams and Lotions

Live (to the max), Love (and hopefully be loved), Laugh (at every opportunity),
Eat (healthily), Pray (if it suits you),
Love (yourself enough - to put your  health first).
Diagnosed 2001,  I am a work in progress = progressing to not let 'D' control me - with the help of my 'D' family here.