Occasional Responder
Ladybear
Total Posts: 10
Registered on: ‎12-02-2012

Re: plexus slim

I have diabetes 2 and I am eating right and exercising. I have went from 2 glucovances a day to 1 a day. I hit a plateau and can't get the weight off. I am using plexus now only after 3 solid months of hard exercise and eating right. For me it is helping take the pounds off and giving me extra energy. I am doing the drink only not the accelerator because I have blood pressure issues. It may be a gimmick but it is working for me.
alan_s
Total Posts: 15,295
Topics: 214
High Fives: 1,672
Solutions: 185
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

Ladybear wrote:
I have diabetes 2 and I am eating right and exercising. I have went from 2 glucovances a day to 1 a day. I hit a plateau and can't get the weight off. I am using plexus now only after 3 solid months of hard exercise and eating right. For me it is helping take the pounds off and giving me extra energy. I am doing the drink only not the accelerator because I have blood pressure issues. It may be a gimmick but it is working for me.

G'day and welcome to the forum.

These words always make my 'food beliefs' antennae rise:

I am eating right

Would you mind providing your understanding of "eating right" please?

Please click on both of these to understand why I ask:

I saw your other post too, this may also help: I Ate Nothing! Why Are My BGs high?

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Occasional Responder
Ladybear

Only in putting 45-60 grams of carbs per meal. More 30-45 though my dietician wants the 45-60. No sugar ever if at all possible. Other than natural sugars. I test a lot more than necessary especially if I try something new. If my body doesn't like it then I stay away from it. I measure everything and don't eat a crumb more than allowed. I follow the diabetic cook books I have to a science.
Frequent Advisor
billsreef
Total Posts: 4,100
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

IMO follow those links on testing and eat according to your meter. Low carb cook books also tend to be better than the "diabetic" cook books. Also keep in mind, sugar is sugar and a carb. Doesn't matter if it's "natural" or not, and carbs in general have the same effect as sugar on BG.

alan_s
Total Posts: 15,295
Topics: 214
High Fives: 1,672
Solutions: 185
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

Ladybear wrote:
Only in putting 45-60 grams of carbs per meal. More 30-45 though my dietician wants the 45-60. No sugar ever if at all possible. Other than natural sugars.

Use your meter to work out the right carbs per meal for you. And your blood glucose cares less whether it was created from starches, added sugars or 'natural' sugars. It still goes up if you eat any of those.

I test a lot more than necessary

No you don't :smileyhappy:

especially if I try something new. If my body doesn't like it then I stay away from it.

An excellent practice.

I measure everything and don't eat a crumb more than allowed. I follow the diabetic cook books I have to a science.

I have never read a 'diabetic' cookbook that was worth more than the paper it was printed on. Consider replacing them with low-carb cook-books.

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Occasional Responder
Ladybear

Oh no you must look into " eat what you love! ". Marlene Koch. Her books are for diabetic, low carb, low calorie and normal food. Also weight watchers as well.
Occasional Visitor
wrpaints
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎04-12-2014

I started using Plexus Slim in February 2014. I have been a diabetic for 15 years and had really packed on the weight. I have lost 14 lbs and my BG is the best it has been in years. After about the first three weeks I had to reduce my insulin dramatically. I am so happy I started using it. The product was first developed for diabetics. It is ALL NATURAL  so it is not a fad diet or loaded with stimulants, its a life change!!!! If you still have doubts talk to you MD. However, I would rather drink one Plexus Slim a day than take the insane amounts of insulin I was on. I am losing weight and feeling great!!!!

Long Lost Member
Bfirpi
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: ‎09-28-2013

Omg, is this a pitch? A fad is a fad that's all I'm saying. Solid nutrition is cheaper and easy once it becomes a way of life.
Long Lost Member
Bfirpi
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: ‎09-28-2013

BTW, I've lost 18 pounds since January, 100 pounds since June 2013 without any drugs or shakes or what not, just following the advice here and from my diabetes educator. And walking a few times a week. My recommendation, don't waste money on packaged whatever and just take the disease to heart and change what you eat, its not that hard!
Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,926
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

This is a very old thread that some one reactivated.

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety