Occasional Contributor
diaran
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: ‎06-29-2010

plexus slim

Has anyone taken this an improved there diabetis with weight lost.?

Advisor
veganist
Total Posts: 73
Registered on: ‎12-07-2011

Re: plexus slim

If it's weight loss that you desire, then I would steer you in the direction of increasing your dietary fiber. Essentially, it works this way; the more fiber that is ingested daily, less room is available for foods containing saturated fat and cholesterol. Note: there is no fiber found in animal products or dairy. Also, a plant based diet contains ZERO cholesterol.      

Frequent Advisor
billsreef
Total Posts: 4,095
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

diaran wrote:

Such gimmicks for weight loss are usually not sustainalbe. Best off working creating a sustainable diet that works for your BG control. Many of us find that simply altering our diets to control BG will lead to weight loss. Add in some excercise and it gets even better for both weight control and BG control. A good method for figuring out those dietary changes is to use your meter. Alan has a great write up on doing that, Test, Review, and Adjust. It works quite well :smileywink:

Frequent Advisor
billsreef
Total Posts: 4,095
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

veganist wrote:

If it's weight loss that you desire, then I would steer you in the direction of increasing your dietary fiber. Essentially, it works this way; the more fiber that is ingested daily, less room is available for foods containing saturated fat and cholesterol. Note: there is no fiber found in animal products or dairy. Also, a plant based diet contains ZERO cholesterol.      

Keep in mind, lack of fiber does not make a food bad, doesn't always make it less filling either. Often high protien meals can be just as filling as a high fiber salad lacking in protien. The worry about cholesterol in things like meat, and the lack of it in plants is really a smoke screen. The cholesterol we end up with in our bodies is produced from the building blocks, which are found in plant based foods. Same way that steak got the contain cholesterol. After all those cattle are on a strict plant based diet themselves :smileywink: In fact, many diabetics find their cholesterol levels drop when they cut back on eating carbs...and still eat meat, cheese, eggs, etc.

alan_s
Total Posts: 15,040
Topics: 208
High Fives: 1,592
Solutions: 180
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

diaran wrote:

No.

Oh, you wanted the longer answer? :smileyhappy:

Supplements, pills, diet shakes and other short-term rapid weight loss diets do not work; neither for long term weight loss nor for effective blood glucose management. You need to develop a new way of eating that is effective in the short term for weight loss, but becomes something you can sustain in the long term for the rest of your life to maintain the loss and better health.

This may help: Weight Loss Cooking and Eating Plan

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Occasional Contributor
diaran
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: ‎06-29-2010

Thanks for the info,I was just wondering about it you here all kinds of stories. I know you have to eat right and exercise,I also going thurs to hear Bonnie who was on the biggest loser speak.

lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,989
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

diaran wrote:

Thanks for the info,I was just wondering about it you here all kinds of stories. I know you have to eat right and exercise,I also going thurs to hear Bonnie who was on the biggest loser speak.

Oh my, I'm sure there will be zillions of other selling items when you go to the lecure since "Loser" is a huge money-making venture, besides going for TV rating that is.

Are you diabetic?  If so how are your numbers and what are you doing currently with your diet to improve things?

Lizzy 

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Trusted Contributor
morrisolder
Total Posts: 10,548
Registered on: ‎11-28-2009

Plexus slim may work for Texas Slim, but for the rest of us would be a gamble.

And perhaps a punch in the (solar) plexus... not worth a ramble...

<sorry, had to>

Morris

Diagnosed Type 2, with an A1c of 11.4 in 2003; averaging a 5.0 A1c since then with diet, exercise and Glipizide XL + meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. 
A bit dated, but scroll down on this page if you want to know more ...

alan_s
Total Posts: 15,040
Topics: 208
High Fives: 1,592
Solutions: 180
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

diaran wrote:

I also going thurs to hear Bonnie who was on the biggest loser speak.

Never, ever forget that show is entertainment, not education.

It is reality TV, not reality.

There was a show a while ago that followed up on the contestants some years later, but I can no longer find it on the web. Does anyone have a link to that?

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
forummoderator1
Total Posts: 202
Topics: 42
High Fives: 43
Solutions: 5
Registered on: ‎11-19-2009

This message was moved either due to inappropriate content, solicitation, or the fact that it was meant for another forum. Thank you, The Moderation Team