lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,677
Topics: 553
High Fives: 1,847
Solutions: 137
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

WalMart Insulin

I knew that WalMart had lower cost insulins available with no prescription but the last time I checked several years ago they were about $40. a vial.

Here's a press release:

Beginning in late September 2010, the ReliOn® insulin available at Walmart and Sam’s Club will change from ReliOn® Novolin® to Humulin® ReliOn® (human insulin ). Both Humulin ReliOn and ReliOn Novolin are human insulins. Walmart and Sam’s Club appreciate that you have trusted ReliOn to help manage your diabetes and are excited to announce that Eli Lilly and Company will now supply ReliOn insulin.

Why is ReliOn changing manufacturers?
Walmart and Sam’s Club are committed to helping you manage your diabetes healthcare needs by bringing you a comprehensive, value-priced line of diabetes care products. And so we have begun a new relationship with Lilly to make Humulin ReliOn exclusively for Walmart and Sam’s Club to continue to bring you your ReliOn insulin.

If you have any additional questions about Humulin ReliOn, talk to your doctor or ask your pharmacist.

The Humulin ReliOn brand of insulin will include the following types of insulin:
• Humulin® N (NPH human insulin isophane suspension)
• Humulin® R U-100 (regular insulin human injection, USP )
• Humulin® 70/30 (70% human insulin isophane suspension, 30% human insulin injection )

This message was developed jointly by Lilly USA, LLC, a subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company, and Walmart.

Humulin® is a registered trademark of Eli Lilly and Company. Novolin® is a registered trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S. Other product names mentioned here are the trademarks of their respective owners.

I decided to check it out and called some of my local stores.  All three types are selling for $24.88 a vial in this area.  The Wash. D.C. area is pretty expensive so they might be even cheaper in other areas of the country.

These are, of course, the old-fashioned human insulins, but if you have no job and/or no insurance they will work.  I know because I've been doing okay with 70/30 for 8 years because of the cost factor.

They also have syringes available for approx. 17-22 dollars per 100.  Here's a link:  click here 

Just thought I'd spread the news.  I'll be adding this to the link above also along with info. on other WalMart products.

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Sheila385
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎06-26-2012

Re: WalMart Insulin

When will you have the Humalog at this same great price? Im having the problem that my son and I both have diabetes type 1 and we need the Humulin N and Humalog and thats a lot of money to pay together the test strips. I would love to know when you introduce the Humalog too, I dont have a job right now and this a medicine neded to live sadly and my plan doesnt cover that much ;( :manfrustrated: Tks for the information you could handle to me. :smileyhappy:

lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,677
Topics: 553
High Fives: 1,847
Solutions: 137
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Sheila385 wrote:

When will you have the Humalog at this same great price? Im having the problem that my son and I both have diabetes type 1 and we need the Humulin N and Humalog and thats a lot of money to pay together the test strips. I would love to know when you introduce the Humalog too, I dont have a job right now and this a medicine neded to live sadly and my plan doesnt cover that much ;( :manfrustrated: Tks for the information you could handle to me. :smileyhappy:

Well first of all "I" don't have anything, this is about Walmart.

This is also a very old post, from over a year ago.  No stores have any "log" or newer type insulins at discount prices nor have I heard of any maybe discounting them.

You might be able to find some help with the costs of medications on this post:  click here

If you qualify for any of the programs you can get the insulin and also other supplies for discount prices.

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

nicstepro
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎11-09-2012

[ Edited ]

Just coming across this post...you may want to work with your doctor and even insist on changing if you can (70/30, or N and R, chances are if you are getting the values he wants on your A1C he will be hard to budge). Dosage and timing will be different. Good luck and I hope your doc doesn't frustrate your efforts. Life is hard enough.