Super Advisor
ShirlAgn
Total Posts: 938
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

WEBSITES

These are websites that members have mentioned in their posts that they used to gather information.

Please post anything you feel should be added. If possible, please include links to posts or discussions on new boards, or copies from old boards, so credit can be given. Thank you.

AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION <- click
or copy/paste -> http://www.diabetes.org/

DIABETES FORECAST <- click
or copy/paste -> http://forecast.diabetes.org/
(from old boards)

DIABETES NET <- click
or copy/paste -> http://www.diabetesnet.com/
from post by lizzylou

JOSLIN DIABETES CENTER <-click
or copy/paste -> http://www.joslin.org/
(from old boards)

LAB TESTS ONLINE <- click
or copy/paste -> http://www.labtestsonline.org/
(from old boards)

MAYO CLINIC <- click
or copy/paste -> http://www.mayoclinic.com/
(from old boards)

WEB MD <- click
or copy/paste -> http://www.webmd.com/
(from old boards)

Take care,
Shirl

Me: DX: '08 - Type 2;  '12 - early kidney disease
This community. Keep moving; graze on bit of protein and lots of veggies; meds. No wheat, rice, or soy.
BG's 70-120. Avg AM BP 125/65. BMI 22.2-23.2
Still learning

Hubby: Not diabetic
'13 - Kidneys crashed, End Stage Renal Disease, AV fistula for dialysis
Colostomy, Anemia and Post Prandial Hypotension
Colo vesicle fistula (hole bladder to colon), can't be repaired due to radiation damage

Life sure isn't boring.
alan_s
Total Posts: 14,346
Topics: 203
High Fives: 1,363
Solutions: 155
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

WEBSITES

mollythed (11/17/2009)
bugbarb (11/17/2009)
Ok, I'm confused. I don't see any reference to the "boomja" link in this thread except where it is being complained about...The only links are in the original post. Did I miss something? Is it on another topic? Or maybe somebody I have on my ignore list posted and I can't see it.....

Yes, indeed, you did miss something, and it's not your doing

There as a post made on November 14 by Thiruvelan where he added some web sites that he said focused on alternative medicine treatments for diabetes. I quoted a just a bit of his message, not the links he gave to that website, in my earlier reply. As I noted, it seemed to me to be designed to help people earn money from ads on their sites by generating web hits.

Apparently the forum administrators felt the same way and removed his post, and apparently when posts or replies are removed on this forum, they leave no trace behind concerning the deleted post.

He is now posting sites a little more discreetly. Unfortunately the information on his new site is not much better. See RE: New to type II and feeling down....
Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey (latest: It Must Be OK - It's Sugar-Free! Wrong!)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Fes, Morocco: Trains., Hotels, Cabs and Cafés)
Long Lost Member
j440311
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎03-02-2010

WEBSITES

I just clicked on the website,and there was no website to be found
boomja site mentioned
lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,832
Topics: 561
High Fives: 1,927
Solutions: 139
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

WEBSITES

John john (3/2/2010)
I just clicked on the website,and there was no website to be found

boomja site mentioned

Glad to hear it didn't work, that means the forum moderators are doing their job keeping bad information out of the system.

Lizzy
Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

mollythed
Total Posts: 5,582
Topics: 74
High Fives: 870
Solutions: 104

WEBSITES

thiruvelan (11/14/2009)
I like to start to put some useful website on diabetes alternative medicines. I request others to contribute to this list by adding some more.

Strange...when I visited www.boomja.com, it looked like a site designed to help users "Generate income. Generate continuous income from relevant ads that match your directory's content and audience."

Advertising is not allowed here.

"Molly" (aka mollythed)
Type 2 diabetes diagnosed in 1995, now managed with Lantus, Humalog and Metformin; diet and exercise.
My husband and three adult sons also have type 2 diabetes.

Frequent Responder
tommy56
Total Posts: 60
Registered on: ‎11-15-2009

WEBSITES

Molly,

Yes I agree with you. Let's hope this new board format doesn't become an advertising bulletin board instead of a message board. We're all re-learning (is that an adequate term?) these boards and nobody wants such posts to mislead veteran posters, new posters, or other visitors looking at the boards. Maybe we should notify the moderators each time we see such a post, and let them respond to them. Their input will help to educate people about how to post/no post on the boards.

Tommy
Tommy56
Type 2
Diagnosed 2/21/2007
Metformin 1000mg 2x daily
Last A1c 4/22/2013 7.7
mollythed

WEBSITES

tommy56 (11/16/2009)
Molly,

Yes I agree with you. Let's hope this new board format doesn't become an advertising bulletin board instead of a message board. We're all re-learning (is that an adequate term?) these boards and nobody wants such posts to mislead veteran posters, new posters, or other visitors looking at the boards. Maybe we should notify the moderators each time we see such a post, and let them respond to them. Their input will help to educate people about how to post/no post on the boards.

Tommy

Absolutely! I'm sure the administrator will still be counting on us to point out suspicious posts by hitting that Report! button. Since the administrator may not be on duty 365/24/7, it sometimes makes sense to leave a comment too, to help the unwary think about what they are seeing.

"Molly" (aka mollythed)
Type 2 diabetes diagnosed in 1995, now managed with Lantus, Humalog and Metformin; diet and exercise.

Responder
thiruvelan
Total Posts: 19
Registered on: ‎11-03-2009

WEBSITES

mollythed (11/16/2009)
tommy56 (11/16/2009)
Molly,

Tommy

Absolutely! I'm sure the administrator will still be counting on us to point out suspicious posts by hitting that Report! button. Since the administrator may not be on duty 365/24/7, it sometimes makes sense to leave a comment too, to help the unwary think about what they are seeing.

I feel sorry, but I want to clear that "It not advertisement only information on sites regarding alternative medicines". If you all feel the directory I mentioned is not worth to follow, then I feel sorry and never put such information in the future. But other than that all other sites are government and organization sites worth to find useful information on alternative medicine.
Established Advisor
bugbarb
Total Posts: 553
Registered on: ‎11-05-2009

WEBSITES

Ok, I'm confused. I don't see any reference to the "boomja" link in this thread except where it is being complained about...The only links are in the original post. Did I miss something? Is it on another topic? Or maybe somebody I have on my ignore list posted and I can't see it.....
Too much of a good food will raise my blood glucose.
mollythed

WEBSITES

bugbarb (11/17/2009)

Yes, indeed, you did miss something, and it's not your doing

There as a post made on November 14 by Thiruvelan where he added some web sites that he said focused on alternative medicine treatments for diabetes. I quoted a just a bit of his message, not the links he gave to that website, in my earlier reply. As I noted, it seemed to me to be designed to help people earn money from ads on their sites by generating web hits.

Apparently the forum administrators felt the same way and removed his post, and apparently when posts or replies are removed on this forum, they leave no trace behind concerning the deleted post.

"Molly" (aka mollythed)