Occasional Responder
aleana_mae
Total Posts: 14
Registered on: ‎12-29-2012

Urine and white floaters

I was wondering if anyone else sometimes notices white floaters/strings in your urine.   The only way I can describe it is, it looks like the white blob one sometimes see's when they crack an egg open. Since I started on a water pill three months ago I sometimes notice this, and it seems to be on the days my left side hurts.  I will be seeing my doctor next month, and plan on mention this.

Leann
A1C results:
9-12-2011 6.3
2-14-2012 5.5 5-22 5.7 8-15 5.1 11-5 5.5
Medications:
Metfrmin HCL 500MG ( 2 tablets everyday with supper)
11-2012 Hydrochlorothiazide 25MG daily

Advisor
jtausch
Total Posts: 107
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Urine and white floaters

I call the dr and ask him. If you strange urine and you left side hurts that could be an infection or kidney problem.  I  would call and tell them what's happening and see if you can get in sooner.  It might be a reaction to the pill or worse!  Don't wait a month to see him.  He might be able to tell you on the phone what to do or he might want you to come in. I would call

Jeff from OKC OK

TYPE 2 Diagnosed: 12/08/ 2008

MiniMed Paradigm® REAL-Time Revel™ Insulin Pump 723 12-04-2012
CONTOUR® NEXT LINK Wireless Blood Glucose Meter from Bayer
Frequent Advisor
billsreef
Total Posts: 4,063
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

Yup, call the doctor. Don't wait till that appointment next week.

Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,454
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

aleana_mae wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else sometimes notices white floaters/strings in your urine.   The only way I can describe it is, it looks like the white blob one sometimes see's when they crack an egg open. Since I started on a water pill three months ago I sometimes notice this, and it seems to be on the days my left side hurts.  I will be seeing my doctor next month, and plan on mention this.

I agree with the other posters, call your doctor today. Do not wait until next month to ask him/her about it.

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety
Frequent Advisor
katluvr
Total Posts: 198
Registered on: ‎11-14-2012

Definitely give your doctor a call sooner rather than later.

It may be nothing at all to worry about (women in particular may have mucus in their urine at particular times of the month due to the proximity of the urethra to the vagina) or it may be significant.  The only way to know for sure is to see your doctor and have a urinalysis done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
”It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Diagnosed T2 on 25 OCT 2012
FBG @ diagnosis: 296
A1C on 26 NOV 2012: 9.3
A1C on 5 FEB 2013: 5.8!
A1C on 6 MAY 2013: 5.8
500mg metformin BID, diet, exercise

Established Advisor
dturney
Total Posts: 1,283
Registered on: ‎04-21-2011

Looks like a UTI to me....been there done that no fun...better for a female than a male, but not good for either.:smileyhappy:

Diagnosed June 1970
MDI Humalog
DI Lantus
Metformin 500MG X 3
I am not young enough to know everything