Trusted Contributor
morrisolder
Total Posts: 10,640
Registered on: ‎11-28-2009

Patron Suffers Heart Attack at the Heart Attack Grill...

Just the facts, maam--no comment...

Heart Attack Grill Customer Suffers Heart Attack While Dining On 'Triple Bypass Burger'

First Posted: 02/15/2012 1:47 pm Updated: 02/16/2012 10:27 am

According to amateur video and a report from Fox 5 Vegas, a man suffered from a heart attack while dining at Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. He was eating a Triple Bypass burger at the time of his cardiac arrest. The unnamed man is reportedly alive and recuperating.

Heart Atttack Grill

The restaurant's now sadly predictive name was coupled with the even more unfortunate slogan, "Taste Worth Dying For." The incident comes just of one year after the death of the Heart Attack Grill's 575-pound, 29-year-old spokesman.

The Vegas owner of Heart Attack Grill, "Doctor" Jon Basso -- who is not actually a doctor -- first thought the man's cardiac arrest was a joke, but soon phoned 911. Basso told Fox 5, "I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that," he said.

HAG warning

Watch Fox 5's full report on the incident, below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/heart-attack-grill_n_1279291.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

Morris

Diagnosed Type 2, with an A1c of 11.4 in 2003; averaging a 5.0 A1c since then with diet, exercise and Glipizide XL + meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. 
A bit dated, but scroll down on this page if you want to know more ...

Super Advisor
grannyred
Total Posts: 4,453
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

Re: Patron Suffers Heart Attack at the Heart Attack Grill...

I saw that last night on TV,  maybe a place like that should have paramedics standing by.

Granny Red is Big Red Type 2 DX 2/17/09 A1c 7.7 2/2011 A1c 4.7  5/2011 A1c  4.7 8/2011 A1c 4.9 -11/2011 -4.7
March / 2012 New A1c 5.0 !
A1c Nov.2012...4.7
A1c Jan 21, 2013 5.2 Adding Met 2 X 500 mg
Newest A1c April 24,2013....back to 4.9......WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!
Low Carb and lots of Exercise Don't believe everything you think !!!!!! Please help save the Earth.....it's the only planet with Chocolate !!!!
NATIVE EARTH !!!!!
My Secret..............low carb, exercise, Graze not Gorge and portion size !!!!!!

Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth. Truth must be absolute; otherwise it is merely opinion.
Frequent Responder
__bsc_
Total Posts: 621
Registered on: ‎05-26-2010

[ Edited ]

I ate at the heart attack grill soon after it opened in 2005.  At the time, the nurses all wore lingerie and it was quite an adventure.  I had my bypass burger naked and had water.  I had a great time, well worth the money and I still don't consider my meal unhealthy.

My mother passed away from a heart attack nearly 20 years ago while having lunch with a friend in a fast food restaurant.  I don't blame the restaurant.  I don't blame the meals.  Any restaurant that has been open for 7 years and serviced hundreds of thousands of customers will likely have encountered a patron who has a heart attack.  It is just the numbers.

Jim Fixx died while running.  I warned you all that running was bad and see what happened?

Super Advisor
blueribbonmom12
Total Posts: 711
Registered on: ‎01-01-2012

My dad died while sleeping.

I agree, it's just the numbers. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advisor
LeadSinger
Total Posts: 563
Registered on: ‎12-07-2009

Sure, it was a serious situation.  Glad to hear the guy is doing OK, But really !  The owner could not buy that kind of advertising for any amount of money.  This whole thing is a PR person's dream !

Diagnosed T2 on 3/1/2007 with A1c of 13.0
Member of the 5% club for past 3 years
Trusted Contributor
morrisolder
Total Posts: 10,640
Registered on: ‎11-28-2009

_bsc_ wrote:

I had my bypass burger naked and had water. 

which solved the problem of injecting your insulin through your clothing...

Morris

Diagnosed Type 2, with an A1c of 11.4 in 2003; averaging a 5.0 A1c since then with diet, exercise and Glipizide XL + meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. 
A bit dated, but scroll down on this page if you want to know more ...

Valued Contributor
maplesyrup
Total Posts: 4,364
Registered on: ‎11-14-2009

morrisolder wrote:

_bsc_ wrote:

I had my bypass burger naked and had water. 

which solved the problem of injecting your insulin through your clothing...

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Dianne

Diagnosed as type 2 in 2005 with an A1c of 9.1

Started with metformin and a low dose of an ARB for blood pressure. Added a sulfonylurea (a med that helps my pancreas produce my own insulin) Also a low dose of Crestor to lower my cholesterol.
After 7 years I could no longer tolerate metformin so am doing my best to keep control with a max dose of the sulfonylurea and lots of walking, some swimming.
Frequent Advisor
mbkjad
Total Posts: 183
Registered on: ‎11-05-2009

The owner was on Fox News this morning dressed up in a doctors outfit.  It was absolutely hilarious.  Referred to his customers as patients, waitresses were nurses, etc.  Nothing but respect for him....he doesn't hide at all what his restaurant is about!

Mike

Diagnosed Type 2 March 2008 (give or take a few months)
A1c: 6.4 (May 2013), 6.2 (Feb 2013), 5.9 (Nov 2012), 5.7 (Aug 2012) 6.5 (31 Jan 2012)
Meds:
Metformin XR 2000 mg daily
Lovaza 2 grams daily
Lipitor 10 mg daily
Fenofibrate 165 mg daily
Lisinopril 2.5 mg daily
Novolog
Zyrtec
Multivitamin
Began Pumping in June 2013