Super Advisor
ShirlAgn
Total Posts: 908
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

OT - Maplesyrup - links

Hi Dianne.  You had asked for links for Romney's car elevator. 

Web Results

Take care,
Shirl

Me: DX: '08 - Type 2;  '12 - early kidney disease
This community. Keep moving; graze on bit of protein and lots of veggies; meds. No wheat, rice, or soy.
BG's 70-120. Avg AM BP 125/65. BMI 22.2-23.2
Still learning

Hubby: '13 Kidneys crashed, End Stage Renal Disease, currently jugular cath for dialysis, soon AV fistula.
Colostomy
Colo vesicle fistula, can't be repaired due to radiation damage
And anemia
Not diabetic

Life sure isn't boring.
Valued Contributor
maplesyrup
Total Posts: 4,364
Registered on: ‎11-14-2009

Re: OT - Maplesyrup - links

Thanks Shirl, A car lift is a cool idea. Certainly could reduce the footprint of some of the large residential garages one sees.

At beachfront properties on the the shores of Lake Ontario there were often similar boat lifts and although they were mostly manually operated they served the purpose of keeping boats safe above the waves from storms.

I can see all sort of uses for such lifts- giving wheelchair access to various levels of tourist spots, double height mini storage buildings etc.

Dianne

Dianne

Diagnosed as type 2 in 2005 with an A1c of 9.1

Started with metformin and a low dose of an ARB for blood pressure. Added a sulfonylurea (a med that helps my pancreas produce my own insulin) Also a low dose of Crestor to lower my cholesterol.
After 7 years I could no longer tolerate metformin so am doing my best to keep control with a max dose of the sulfonylurea and lots of walking, some swimming.