Long Lost Member
richardtg0
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎02-03-2011

OPC Factor

Has anyone tried OPC Factor or know if it works?
Frequent Advisor
billsreef
Total Posts: 4,093
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

OPC Factor

Most, if not all, of those type supplements come under the heading of "if it sounds too good to be true, it is".

If you want a good supplement, be sure and check out glucobate, be sure and click on all the links for some really good info on supplements.
alan_s
Total Posts: 15,010
Topics: 208
High Fives: 1,587
Solutions: 180
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

OPC Factor

What Bill said.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (What on Earth Can I Eat? – The Book)
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (BA to Sydney via the Edge of Antarctica)
Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Long Lost Member
mduck32436485
Total Posts: 20
Registered on: ‎01-12-2011

OPC Factor

Richard, I JUSSST started using this OPC a couple weeks ago. I am a Type 1 diabetic, and so far soooo good..As far as controling BS's, not positive it does much (yet), but, I certainly doesn't hurt..You're the only one I know of that's even HEARD of this so far. My mother pointed it out to me in our local paper..Please keep me posted on your experience with this when you start taking it, K ?
Mary
gtbullet69
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎04-03-2012

Re: OPC Factor

I tried OPC factor for the past 6 months and did not see any benefits for diabetes. Infact my BS is high that my meds needed increase

lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,930
Topics: 565
High Fives: 1,989
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

richardtg0 wrote:
Has anyone tried OPC Factor or know if it works?

It's a very expensive ordinary nutritional supplement!  There's really nothing new under the sun in it, and it certainly is no miracle!!!!

OPC Factor is excellent for diabetics. The formula contains no sugar - it is sweetened with all-natural Stevia. A University of California-Irvine College of Medicine study found that antioxidants not only enhance insulin's ability to reduce blood sugar, but also lower the risks of organ damage that can occur despite insulin treatments.

Research has shown that boosting insulin with vitamins C and E, which are known antioxidants, may improve the drug's effectiveness for treating diabetes. Lutein and lycopene, key ingredients in our formula, have been associated with reduced risk of macular degeneration - a condition diabetics are susceptible to.

Is this supposed to prove that taking \this will "treat" diabetes?  Rubbish!

Nothing in the ingredient list is proven to in any way lower glucose numbers.  They very lightly skirt the truth in their ads.  I suppose it won't hurt you to spend all of that money for it, at least it will only hurt your budget to take 2 or more packets of this a day:

1 box contains 60 individual packaged servings
  • 1 Box $69.95
  • 1 Auto-ship $59.95 Save $10 
  • 2 Boxes for $99.95 Save $47.90 
  • Case of 6 for $239.00 Save $115 

Another very important omission is they never say just how much the dose of each of these ingredients is, it could be 1 mg. of each for all you know.

Please read this link: click on the title

http://lizzysdlounge.com/2012/03/31/dont-be-a-scam-victim/

Lizzy

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Trusted Contributor
morrisolder
Total Posts: 10,543
Registered on: ‎11-28-2009

LIzzy quoted on OPC:

Research has shown that boosting insulin with vitamins C and E, which are known antioxidants, may improve the drug's effectiveness for treating diabetes. Lutein and lycopene, key ingredients in our formula, have been associated with reduced risk of macular degeneration - a condition diabetics are susceptible to.

All of those are ingredients in the multi-vitamin I take, made by costoc, very similar to Centrum Silver--I think the cost was about $11 for 400 ritamin pills...

Morris

Diagnosed Type 2, with an A1c of 11.4 in 2003; averaging a 5.0 A1c since then with diet, exercise and Glipizide XL + meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. 
A bit dated, but scroll down on this page if you want to know more ...