Frequent Responder
mikeyboni
Total Posts: 58
Registered on: ‎12-03-2011

Neuropathy

for the last two days i feel less or none of nerve damage/neuropathy, my pre-meal bg is 68 and after meal 120, is this ideal count to be normal again?

Mikeyboni
Type 2 - Diagnosed April 2002

Glimepiride
Pioglitazone
Metformin HCL
Gabapentin

A1C in 2012
March 5.8
June 6.0
October 6.2
December 6.3

Trusted Contributor
morrisolder
Total Posts: 10,278
Registered on: ‎11-28-2009

Re: Neuropathy

HI Mikey--

Those numbers are pretty good!  68 is kind of ideal unless you are threatened with lower numbers.  120 after meals, especially if it is as high as it goes, is pretty good too...

When you gt your numbers at that level and keep them there,  you remove the pressure on the nerves that causes deterioration and malfunction.  By keeping them there you create an environment that allows nerves to heal.  My doctor told me to keep them there for 6 months and I would know the extent of the healing, which turned out to be pretty accurate.

Normal is a pretty wide range. For example normal fasting can be 65-100, and normal A1c can be 4.5-5.7.  Since the changes that lead to nerve damage can begin even at prediabetic levels, my theory is that you give your nerves the very best chance to recover by keeping in the lower part of the normal range.I don't have any studies to prove that, but is seems logical to me. It sounds like you are getting there...

Morris

Diagnosed Type 2, with an A1c of 11.4 in 2003; averaging a 5.0 A1c since then with diet, exercise and Glipizide XL + meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. 
A bit dated, but scroll down on this page if you want to know more ...

Frequent Responder
mikeyboni
Total Posts: 58
Registered on: ‎12-03-2011

Re: Neuropathy

thanks morris, i'm reallt trying my best to keep my bg down, coz sometimes tingling on my legs/feet  bothers me a lot at night that sometimes I can't sleep, I have dr appt first week of April and I know that my a1c will be better than last jan, it was 9.1 back in oct 2011, then improved to 7.9 last january.

Thanks, to the people here in this blog, this is a great place for info and group support.

Mikeyboni
Type 2 - Diagnosed April 2002

Glimepiride
Pioglitazone
Metformin HCL
Gabapentin

A1C in 2012
March 5.8
June 6.0
October 6.2
December 6.3