Super Advisor
mhcarrs
Total Posts: 1,137
Registered on: ‎08-10-2011

MRSA and Diabetics

http://http://diabetes.about.com/od/preventingcomplications/qt/mrsadiabetes.htm

I found this article interesting.  I know it is from 2009.  But still interesting.

:smileytongue::smileyhappy:Just call me Mary

Type 2. Dx 6/10. Diet and exercise. Swimming in a heated pool. Lantus 10 units hs. Humalog: sliding scale. My other car is a wheelchair, rollator, or cane depending on terrain.
Active Neuropathy if my blood glucose is at 140 or above. Two MI's. No blocks to blame them on. Congestive Heart Failure: Lasix, Klor-con. Asthma: Qvar, Maxair for breathing emergencies. . Nebulizer during certain seasons. Pulmocort and Xoponex solutions. Oral Steroids when Asthma is very bad. Migraines: Vicodin. To ER for injections if Vicodin does not work.. CPAP for sleeping. MDD and S.A.D,: Supplements, All my money is spent on organic vegtables, fruits, and nuts.:smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
maplesyrup
Total Posts: 4,364
Registered on: ‎11-14-2009

Re: MRSA and Diabetics

Mary, I found that the link did not work and I have had the same problem.

Here, I think, is a working link.......

http://diabetes.about.com/od/preventingcomplications/qt/mrsadiabetes.htm

We won't know until I post it but I think it is good because it only has one "http" part in the url.

When we highligt an url we should make sure that we only highlight going left to the //marks. That way when we use the boards link icon (the chain on the bar beside the smiley) there will only be the boards own "http"

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for the article.

Dianne

Dianne

Diagnosed as type 2 in 2005 with an A1c of 9.1

Started with metformin and a low dose of an ARB for blood pressure. Added a sulfonylurea (a med that helps my pancreas produce my own insulin) Also a low dose of Crestor to lower my cholesterol.
After 7 years I could no longer tolerate metformin so am doing my best to keep control with a max dose of the sulfonylurea and lots of walking, some swimming.
Advisor
MelissaB3081
Total Posts: 134
Registered on: ‎10-15-2011

Mary, Hi. Thanks for the great article. I have learned first hand just how bad mrsa is, I just spent two weeks out from work fighting that crap last month. I would check your whole body though every now and then for anything that could resemble even just a pimple and watch very closely for something like that to get worse and everybody should be doing this, also don't wait around for it to get to bad. I had it on my right arm, and they found it at the site and in my blood stream. I'm doing a lot better now, but I would not wish this infection on anyone, I had a headache and fever with it for probably a good four to five days, and was just drained of all energy. Of course now I completely freak out everytime I get a pimple, but I just watch to make sure it's just that and not what I just had. This is an ugly staph infection people, not one to fool around with.

MelissaB3081

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Advisor
MelissaB3081
Total Posts: 134
Registered on: ‎10-15-2011

I should also point out that this whole thing started on a wednesday for me and I went to the e.r. with it on saturday, and so that is just how fast it can spread.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Super Advisor
mhcarrs

Thanks for the heads up on the URL.  Still learning this contraption called a computer. lol

Also about the MRSA.  I was told to bathe with Dial Gold.  It kills staph.  I get celluitis real easy.  Celluitis is one step to MRSA.  Well any skin infection is I guess. 

Take care.  Step one for me is wash my hands.  It is the simple things that we forget sometimes.

Type 2. Dx 6/10. Diet and exercise. Swimming in a heated pool. Lantus 10 units hs. Humalog: sliding scale. My other car is a wheelchair, rollator, or cane depending on terrain.
Active Neuropathy if my blood glucose is at 140 or above. Two MI's. No blocks to blame them on. Congestive Heart Failure: Lasix, Klor-con. Asthma: Qvar, Maxair for breathing emergencies. . Nebulizer during certain seasons. Pulmocort and Xoponex solutions. Oral Steroids when Asthma is very bad. Migraines: Vicodin. To ER for injections if Vicodin does not work.. CPAP for sleeping. MDD and S.A.D,: Supplements, All my money is spent on organic vegtables, fruits, and nuts.:smileyhappy:
Super Advisor
mhcarrs

I am so glad you are doing better.  The little bugger.