Super Advisor
LilMissDaisy
Total Posts: 2,147
Registered on: ‎01-04-2012

Re: I can manage my diabetes better if I ...

ffmaya wrote:   

I can manage my diabetes better if I ...

...would be kinder to myself and more patient with my body.

My arthritis pi**es me off when it interferes with my exercise regimen.  I work through the pain most of the time because I want to keep my numbers low, but sometimes it bites back.  Today I am sick of it all.  :smileysad:

I'm so sorry!  I hope someone will come by and cheer you up!

Super Advisor
ShirlAgn
Total Posts: 938
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

(1) If I try something new, and got pretty good numbers, I need to remember to look at the whole picture.  It was probably because I had a good day/week, I lucked out with the right portion and amount of exercise.  I usually have all this logged in, but it's easy to say "oh I can eat this" and forget (on purpose?) the whole package.

(2) Like Red said, it's so nice to have good control.  Then numbers go up, and think "I blew it", blah blah. And I need to remember it doesn't have to be permanent, my choice.  Maybe a compromise.

(3)  If I look at my old journals and labs and posts more often.  Remind myself where I was,  what I did and why.

Take care,
Shirl

Me: DX: '08 - Type 2;  '12 - early kidney disease
This community. Keep moving; graze on bit of protein and lots of veggies; meds. No wheat, rice, or soy.
BG's 70-120. Avg AM BP 125/65. BMI 22.2-23.2
Still learning

Hubby: Not diabetic
'13 - Kidneys crashed, End Stage Renal Disease, AV fistula for dialysis
Colostomy, Anemia and Post Prandial Hypotension
Colo vesicle fistula (hole bladder to colon), can't be repaired due to radiation damage

Life sure isn't boring.
Frequent Responder
joy-c
Total Posts: 75
Registered on: ‎10-04-2011

I can manage my diabetes better if I....

Did what I was supposed to do everyday!

Joyce

Joyce
T2 since 2004
metformin 500mg once a day
Januvia 100mg once a day
glipizide 2x a day
Frequent Advisor
yoopermom
Total Posts: 340
Registered on: ‎11-01-2009

What a timely topic.  I was just telling myself I need to do something about all the bad habits I have.

I can manage my diabetes better if I ---- stop eating all the wrong foods -- chocolate, chips, chocolate, chips -- ok you get the idea  -- and try to eat healthier and stop grazing all the time. 

yoopermom