Super Advisor
TikTok2
Total Posts: 2,240
Registered on: ‎05-13-2013

Re: Have any of you heard of "Overcome Your Diabetes Today?"

Save your money.

TikTok2

• Diabetes on both sides of my family.
• Assumed trouble metabolizing sugar as long as I can remember; migraines induced by hunger, very sleepy after meals high in carbohydrates from childhood. Learned how to avoid sugar and lots of complex carbs early on.
• Since early 2000s, "prediabetes" controlled through low carb diet and exercise, mostly walking. FBG 95-105, A1c below 6; glucose tolerance test was borderline.
• But weight drifted upwards but working on it.
• NAFLD brought under control with pravastatin.
• Metformin ER, 500 mg, started sept 2013 when A1c reached 6.5 despite diet and exercise regiment since early 2000s. A1c back down to ~6.0.
Super Advisor
lecloe
Total Posts: 2,184
Registered on: ‎08-30-2013

Just a note to let you know the Moderators have removed all posts made by the person advertising his book.

Lyndol

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. Author Unknown.

"True happiness is ... to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future."-- Seneca,
Roman philosopher and playwright

T2 since 1-2013
A1C 6.4 8-2012
6.0 1-2013
6.0 7-2013
6.4 12-2013 :-(
5.9 11-2014 :-)
Hypertension
Coronary Artery Disease
Low T testosterone injectable 100 mg IM every other week
Lisinopril 2.5 mg daily
Lantus 22 units at bedtime
diabet2
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎05-09-2014

[ Edited ]

So have you guys actually read it? Is it worth a look? 

Trusted Contributor
maryd98
Total Posts: 6,187
Registered on: ‎08-07-2012

mipatel wrote:

maplesyrup wrote:

mipatel wrote:

reverse type 2 diabetes for $47?  i'll do it for free:  ƨɘƚɘdɒib 2 ɘqyƚ.  there you go.

Great answer! But are you selling the secret of how to type like that :smileyvery-happy:

that'll cost you $39.95. 

Dianne, mipatel's price is way too high. I'll sell you the secret for only $29.95. :smileywink:(It's a low-carb-dog eat low-carb-dog world!)

If you prefer, I'll reverse any disease you have for only $10 per disease! Special discounts for bulk orders! Buy now--operators are standing by!

Till next time,
maryd98
the diabetic formerly known as 14 and counting, aka Mary
-----------------------------------
Diagnosed T2 July 1998
First A1C (July 1998): 13.6
First BG (July 1998): 537
Latest A1C (December 2014): 5.7
On oral meds for about 9 months after diagnosis
"Just" diet and exercise for 15+ years
Trusted Contributor
maryd98
Total Posts: 6,187
Registered on: ‎08-07-2012

[ Edited ]

diabet2 wrote:

question #1: No, I haven't read it.

question #2: Is it worth a look? Maybe. (But I suggest you don't give them your email address or credit card number!) Is it worth $47? Not to me it's not--I wouldn't pay a penny for it myself.

edited to add:

Just for fun, I googled "Overcome Your Diabetes Today" and along with the usual "how to buy" sites came up one that strongly debunked the book and a hilarious (but not intentionally so) video on You Tube of a woman reading (very poorly) what she was saying as she talked about how great the book is.

In addition to many other things, the book will teach you "secret breathing exercises."

But wait! The book will cure your diabetes in 21 days!

And also, "you will learn the cause of how to prevent" many diseases like "kidney disease, hypertension, cancer, heart attack, stroke."

One of the comments below the video is this: "I Myself don't have Diabetes, but I've Read The Book Throughly The Information is Golden & The Method is Scientifically Proven by health researcher So it is Worth To Try & Risk Free"

What a crock!

Now I don't trust diabet2--why would he/she revive a thread that's been dormant for quite a few months to ask whether or not we've read this book? It's the only post by diabet2. I'm reporting it to moderators as "suspicious."
Till next time,
maryd98
the diabetic formerly known as 14 and counting, aka Mary
-----------------------------------
Diagnosed T2 July 1998
First A1C (July 1998): 13.6
First BG (July 1998): 537
Latest A1C (December 2014): 5.7
On oral meds for about 9 months after diagnosis
"Just" diet and exercise for 15+ years
alan_s
Total Posts: 15,396
Topics: 216
High Fives: 1,712
Solutions: 187
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

[ Edited ]

diabet2 wrote:

I'm always a little wary of a new person whose only post revives a very old topic like this. I can condense the excellent responses of the others:

Have I actually read it? NO.

Is it worth a look? Based on my web research on the book; NO.

Now if you are actually a type 2 diabetic seeking knowledge, please start a new topic to introduce yourself and tell us a little more about your diabetes and yourself.

Cheers, Alan, Type 2, d&e metformin 2000mg, Australia.
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
There is nothing I could eat I like more than my eyes.
Type 2 Diabetes - A Personal Journey(latest: Catering For Different Tastes When Cooking)
Born Under a Wandering Star (Latest: Budapest, Hungary)
Frequent Advisor
SweetTooth42
Total Posts: 310
Registered on: ‎04-11-2014

I am a talk radio junkie. Some advertiser on a lot of the stations I listen to has been pushing this cure. Basically from what I can gather, he is saying take Cinnamon and eat certain foods (that he will tell you when you buy into the program) that will cure you. No way would I spend my money on these things. You can go to youtube, search for cure diabetes, heck cure "anything" (LOL) and many youTube videos will pop up. There are many hucksters who like to prey and take advantage of sick, sometimes desperate ppl. Some ppl will do anything for money. I am glad they fianlly caught up to Kevin Trudeau and put him in jail. That guy ripped many ppl off.

https://diabetesreversed.com/radio?affid=82241&subid=99diabetic-radio_diab_05-XX-14

____________________________Signature____________________________

5/9/2014

I am pre-diabetic. I am trying to control things with diet and exercise but not opposed to drugs if these lifestyle measures fail.

Current meds:

• Valium for panic attacks and severe anxiety.
  • SSRI (celexa) for mild depression.
    ___________________________Signature__________________________
Frequent Advisor
SweetTooth42
Total Posts: 310
Registered on: ‎04-11-2014

I am a talk radio junkie. Some advertiser on a lot of the stations I listen to has been pushing this cure. Basically from what I can gather, he is saying take Cinnamon and eat certain foods (that he will tell you when you buy into the program) that will cure you. No way would I spend my money on these things. You can go to youtube, search for cure diabetes, heck cure "anything" (LOL) and many youTube videos will pop up. There are many hucksters who like to prey and take advantage of sick, sometimes desperate ppl. Some ppl will do anything for money. I am glad they fianlly caught up to Kevin Trudeau and put him in jail. That guy ripped many ppl off.
  ____________________________Signature____________________________

5/9/2014

I am pre-diabetic. I am trying to control things with diet and exercise but not opposed to drugs if these lifestyle measures fail.

Current meds:

• Valium for panic attacks and severe anxiety.
  • SSRI (celexa) for mild depression.
    ___________________________Signature__________________________
Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 6,003
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

chrispthear:

While I was on Facebook this ad popped up and said to click on it if you want to make your diabetes go away.  I watched words and a voice for almost 45 minutes.  It finally ended and said that for $47.00 I will be sent an ebook which can help me reverse type 2 diabetes.  It didn't say how or what with just to send the $47.  Have any of you heard of this or even tried it?  Thanks!

I have heard this ad on my local radio station that I listen to. I have also seen it advertised in newsletters from a website that I subscribe to. I would not waste my $47.00 on it. I'm supprised it has not popped up here yet

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.3 on 12/3/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety