Responder
pcramer1
Total Posts: 36
Registered on: ‎09-11-2011

Groin ITCH

HELP_HELP_HELP_Can anyone out there in cyber-land  tell me how to STOP this dam groin itch I have? Im 66 years young,diabetic 2,I keep my bs aroung 90-120. Have been diabetic for 3-4 years. I take no meds, just diet control. I have stopped eating almost all sugars,even quit milk because of its sugar content. I read every lable,watching for hidden sugars. And there is a ton of hidden sugar in our foods. I also rerfrain from most yeasty foods such as breads etc.etc. My problem is this groin itch !!! I use a KENALOG 0.5% cream every 12 days to keep the itch under some kind of control. The cream is some kind of steroid-with bad side effects--makes me short tempered. My question is  has anyone male or female found any kind of cure/relief for the ITCH? Am I the only diabetic with this crappy groin problem? There days when it slightly depresses me.  Ive seen my doctor and I dont need to be told to do so---I need REAL results that someone out there has used on the dreaded groin itch!!! Thank you to all for reading this and --- read all those food lables, Paul

you can call me Paul
Super Advisor
jpg391
Total Posts: 5,802
Registered on: ‎05-22-2011

Re: Groin ITCH

pcramer1 wrote:

HELP_HELP_HELP_Can anyone out there in cyber-land  tell me how to STOP this dam groin itch I have? Im 66 years young,diabetic 2,I keep my bs aroung 90-120. Have been diabetic for 3-4 years. I take no meds, just diet control. I have stopped eating almost all sugars,even quit milk because of its sugar content. I read every lable,watching for hidden sugars. And there is a ton of hidden sugar in our foods. I also rerfrain from most yeasty foods such as breads etc.etc. My problem is this groin itch !!! I use a KENALOG 0.5% cream every 12 days to keep the itch under some kind of control. The cream is some kind of steroid-with bad side effects--makes me short tempered. My question is  has anyone male or female found any kind of cure/relief for the ITCH? Am I the only diabetic with this crappy groin problem? There days when it slightly depresses me.  Ive seen my doctor and I dont need to be told to do so---I need REAL results that someone out there has used on the dreaded groin itch!!! Thank you to all for reading this and --- read all those food lables, Paul

Since sugar is a carb, you need to be watching your carb intake per meal as well. Are you doing that?

As far as the groin itch, I can not help you there. Perhaps some one will come along and be able to offer you some suggestions.

James G

I'm just a guy who has had type 2 diabetes for 30+ years.

"It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." – Lily Tomlin

"Happiness is a state of mind." - Walt Disney

On 9/5/14 had amputation of my right leg, below the knee.

Latest A1C 5.6 on 6/23/14

Lipids test on 8/22/13
Total Cholesterol 132
HDL Cholesterol 45
LDL Cholesterol 68
Triglycerides 94

Medications
2,000mgs X2 a day (2 weeks taking then 1 week not taking, then start over again) Capecirabine for Recital Cancer after surgery (not being taken at this time).
10mg Simvastain for Cholesterol.
500mg Metformin twice a day
10 units Levemir, a long lasting insulin
81mg Asprin once a day
40mg of Quinapril (also known as Accupril) twice a day for HBP (to be taken only if BP is over 120).
20mg of Lexapro once a day for depression
1mg of Doxazosin once a day at bed time for a Prostate problem
30mg of Buspirone twice a day for Anxiety
mollythed
Total Posts: 5,905
Topics: 75
High Fives: 1,047
Solutions: 115
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

[ Edited ]

Have you tried any of the over-the-counter products (sprays or powders) that are for jock itch or athlete's foot that contain miconazole as an active ingredient?  I'm thinking it might be a fungal infection, and of course the fungi love a warm, damp environment, and any sugar they find in perspiration is a bonus. 

Don't forget that our bodies turn ANY carbs, including all starches, into glucose, so just skipping sugar in your diet is not enough to manage blood sugar.

"Molly" (aka mollythed)
Type 2 diabetes diagnosed in 1995, now managed with Lantus, Humalog and Metformin; diet and exercise.
My husband and three adult sons also have type 2 diabetes.

Frequent Responder
senator2214
Total Posts: 76
Registered on: ‎10-19-2010

I have been using a cream-ointment since for ever. It is called blue star ointment that stuff works wonders for me and it is sold over the counter. It cost about 7-8 dollars and last a good longtime.

If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself
Super Advisor
Talvie
Total Posts: 3,423
Registered on: ‎10-30-2009

pcramer1 wrote:

Paul, your blood sugar levels seem fine to me....have you seen a doctor about the itch?  

Talvie

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin
Type 2 Diabetes diagnosed December 13, 2000 w/A1c of 7.6. June 2014 A1c 5.6 Controlling with diet and exercise, and 500mg daily of metformin.
Responder
pcramer1
Total Posts: 36
Registered on: ‎09-11-2011

Thanks Senator 2214 I'll try the blue star ointment. 

you can call me Paul
Valued Contributor
maplesyrup
Total Posts: 4,364
Registered on: ‎11-14-2009

Paul, I agree that your blood sugar levels seem fine and you may find that the ointment that Senator suggested does the trick.

But it may also be that you have one of those stubborn yeast or fungal infections that do require an oral med prescribed by your doctor. I have heard that they can be quite hard on the liver so that they are often "pulsed" or given in stages.

I would certainly do some reasearch on any drug that might affect the liver.

Good luck,

Dianne

Dianne

Diagnosed as type 2 in 2005 with an A1c of 9.1

Started with metformin and a low dose of an ARB for blood pressure. Added a sulfonylurea (a med that helps my pancreas produce my own insulin) Also a low dose of Crestor to lower my cholesterol.
After 7 years I could no longer tolerate metformin so am doing my best to keep control with a max dose of the sulfonylurea and lots of walking, some swimming.
Frequent Responder
sandy6789
Total Posts: 111
Registered on: ‎09-18-2010

Paul,  I've had itching off and on for about 2 yrs.  My dr told me to use HYDROCORTISONE CREAM you can find it at Walmart (surprise) but it only cost 88cents.  It does work but it keeps coming back.  I go back in to see him in June and I'm going to ask him about it again.  I know what you mean though, sometimes I wake up and I'm scratching so hard its a wonder that it doesn't bleed. 

Sandy

T2 Diabetic since Dec.2007 AC 5.4   Aug. 2011 A1c 7.4 March 2013 6.2

Metformin 1000 X 3xdaily
Advisor
stxsheila
Total Posts: 157
Registered on: ‎08-09-2010

I've had this problem for decades. It is a fungal infection and,  It happens every spring, as soon as it starts getting warmer. First, use a hair dryer to dry the area as best as possible when you finish your shower. Then, get you butt to the drugstore, go to the foot department and buy any one of the powder sprays for athletes feet. If my break out if really bad, I also sprinkle talcum powder on my underwear. It helps keep the area dry throughout the day.

Sheila
Diagnosed 9/09 BG 245 A1C of 11.1
Jan '14 A1C 5.9
500md Metformin ER, Glipizide XL 2.5mg
Occasional Visitor
karenb2
Total Posts: 3
Registered on: ‎05-28-2012

Hi there.  I have what I think is the answer to your problem.  I have suffered from intense groin itching since 2007.  I am a pretty healthy person - this was the only severe ailment I had.  And I hate pharmaceuticals, but my itching was so intense that I broke down and got an antibiotic from my doctor.  It would stop the itch for a little while and then it would come right back.  There are numerous sites with people suffering from your issue - I know because I've been on them! 

My groin itching had become so bad sometimes that I literally scratched until I bled.  The itching would get so intense sometimes that I couldn't think straight.  I remember one day my infant was crying but I couldn't go pick her up because I was in the bathroom scratching my groin.  It was awful.  It was the worst experience of my life.

My itching is completely cured now.  Once I got it cured I said to myself that I need to let other people know about this so they can stop suffering too.  The thing that cured my itch was colloidal silver.  It's a controversial natural remedy.  Pharmaceutical companies don't want you to know about colloidal silver because it would render pharmaceutical antibiotics unnecessary.  Colloidal silver is more powerful than penicillin.  A research study confirmed that it decimates over 650 known bacteria, fungi, and other microbes that cause disease.  Do your research and learn about what colloidal silver does.  You'll come across all the stories about the blue man and all of that, but trust me when I say that this is what cured my itch - completely cured it after 5 years!  I think the people that run into problems with colloidal silver are those that try to make it themselves.  I have no interest in homemade colloidal silver.  So I bought mine from Whole Foods.

I used the Soverign Silver brand at Whole Foods.  I bought the 2oz spray.  In the beginning, I ingested it 3 times a day and then I kicked my dosage up to 5 times a day.  Since this was my first time using colloidal silver, I didn't know about a phenomenon called "die off."  So when I entered the "die-off" phase, I was misearable.  This is when all the bacteria and fungi and microbes start dying off from your use of silver.  Your itching will get worse during die off, but once die off is done, it will be gone.  At least, that's what happened to me.

So, I hope this helps you.  If it does, pass it on to other people you know who are suffering too.  By the way, I don't work for Sovereign Silver and I don't sell or make any money off of sharing this with you.  I just know how bad that itching can get and I wanted to help someone break free of it like I did.

Best wishes to you.

-Karen