Visitor
picozocharlie
Total Posts: 3
Registered on: ‎12-14-2011

Does any one knows were can I get Humalog U-100 insulin at a low cost?

I lose my health insurance recently and I'm in need for insulin, and I can't afford to pay close to $600 dollars per month for my insulin, does any one knows were I can get Humalog U-100 at a lower cost?

Thank you I'll appreciated!

lizzylou
Total Posts: 13,912
Topics: 563
High Fives: 1,979
Solutions: 142
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Does any one knows were can I get Humalog U-100 insulin at a low cost?

picozocharlie wrote:

I lose my health insurance recently and I'm in need for insulin, and I can't afford to pay close to $600 dollars per month for my insulin, does any one knows were I can get Humalog U-100 at a lower cost?

The sad part is that there is no generic insulin and the "log" insulins are extremely costly.  Walmart has the older insulins for a greatly discounted price, but they don't work rapidly.  Many people have had to switch to them and learn how to use them.

You can find a lot of information about both insulin and health services for the uninsured on the this post, click on the title:

http://community.diabetes.org/t5/Adults-Living-with-Type-2/Resources-for-Discount-Strips-Insulin-Hel...

It takes some time and work, but many people have been able to find resources from this list.

Lizzy 

Knowledge is Power!

Here's some useful links, click on the titles

Testing 101

All About Carbs

Resources For The Un-insured and Discount Medicine and Equipment

LizzyLou Videos

Lizzy's Blog
for lots more  

Visitor
picozocharlie

Thank you very much Lizzy for the information, I'm going to visit some of the sites you suggested, very useful!

Established Advisor
legion681
Total Posts: 600
Registered on: ‎07-05-2011

[ Edited ]

picozocharlie wrote:

Hi there Charlie,

A few pointers for you:

1) If I remember well, Lilly (the pharmaceutical company that makes Humalog) has a program that offers FREE insulin for people WITHOUT INSURANCE of any kind. You ought to give them a call (you'll find the 1-800 number in the package in which the pens came). If you qualify for this program, you are set.

2) Lilly has also a voucher that can be used ONCE A YEAR by ANYONE (provided you just fill a small form) for 5 FREE INSULIN PENS. Here's the address:

http://kwikpenvoucher.humalog.com/form.cfm . Keep this address in your bookmarks because as I already mentioned, you can use this voucher ONCE A YEAR, so you can repeat the procedure every year and get 5 free pens.

3) Have you thought about getting Humalog in Canada? I personally don't as the savings with my insurance would be only a few bucks (less than $10), but if you don't have insurance their prices ($90 for 5 pens, compared to $275 which is the regular FULL price in the US) are great. I used Canada Pharmacy (they're based in Vancouver) and have been very happy with their service (I buy another medication that is very expensive in the US. Their price is about 1/3 of what it costs me here). Here's their website:

http://www.canadapharmacy.com , just type "Humalog" in the search box located in the upper right corner. They have several choices.

Hope this helps ya. Keep up the morale, ok? :smileyhappy:

Name: Al
Diabetes Type: 2
A1C results: 17 (at dx), 8.3 (2 months after dx), 5.2, 5.2, 5.1, 5.2 (<-- latest 10.10.2012)

*** Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champions ***
Advisor
toadhunter911
Total Posts: 313
Registered on: ‎11-30-2011

Legion681 wrote:

picozocharlie wrote:

Hi there Charlie,

A few pointers for you:

1) If I remember well, Lilly (the pharmaceutical company that makes Humalog) has a program that offers FREE insulin for people WITHOUT INSURANCE of any kind. You ought to give them a call (you'll find the 1-800 number in the package in which the pens came). If you qualify for this program, you are set.

2) Lilly has also a voucher that can be used ONCE A YEAR by ANYONE (provided you just fill a small form) for 5 FREE INSULIN PENS. Here's the address:

http://kwikpenvoucher.humalog.com/form.cfm . Keep this address in your bookmarks because as I already mentioned, you can use this voucher ONCE A YEAR, so you can repeat the procedure every year and get 5 free pens.

3) Have you thought about getting Humalog in Canada? I personally don't as the savings with my insurance would be only a few bucks (less than $10), but if you don't have insurance their prices ($90 for 5 pens, compared to $275 which is the regular FULL price in the US) are great. I used Canada Pharmacy (they're based in Vancouver) and have been very happy with their service (I buy another medication that is very expensive in the US. Their price is about 1/3 of what it costs me here). Here's their website:

http://www.canadapharmacy.com , just type "Humalog" in the search box located in the upper right corner. They have several choices.

Hope this helps ya. Keep up the morale, ok? :smileyhappy:

See the bolded answer above.  Call Lilly and talk to one of their reps.  They have many programs to help people in need.  I'm on disability and have been getting my Humalog free from Lilly for about 6 months now.

Craig

Type 2 since 09/02
A1c on 4/2009 11.7
A1c on 9/2011...7.2
Latest A1c on 1/30/2012 6.1
Metformin, Lantus, Humalog, Lovastatin, Synthroid

“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” Dorothea Lange

Visitor
picozocharlie

Thank you very much! I'll appreciated your information!