Frequent Responder
heidilynne
Total Posts: 63
Registered on: ‎01-03-2012

what is your target BS range?

what is your target BS range? What is the one your dr gave you? does that differ from your own personal goals?

my dr had me shoot for 80-180. when i got pregnant it was switched to about 90-120.

getting back on the wagon of trying to get prenant ive been going for 80-140 and have been doing very well! :-)

also if you take lantus what are you taking? im at 25 units once a daynl.
Frequent Advisor
sunritef
Total Posts: 2,594
Registered on: ‎11-30-2009

Re: what is your target BS range?

I target 75-125, but don't get upset if I am in the 69-150 range.

You go to school to learn, not for a report card.
You use your meter to learn, not for a report card

Type 1 (LADA).. Novolog/Levemir

Adult onset T1
Frequent Responder
bob75
Total Posts: 102
Registered on: ‎11-07-2011

I think it is difficult to decide as the 'real number', that is, people who are not Diabetics

is something around 80 to 110 I think, which of course is ridiculous numbers in our eyes.

It s###ks being a diabetic, I am so f"##"g  tired of it :smileysad:

.... Sorry.

Advisor
WhaleyCoyote
Total Posts: 80
Registered on: ‎12-26-2011

I target 120 for my morning number, 90 for my preprandial (My new BIG word for premeal fast # that I learned from all of the reading I've been doing), 170 postprandial (I just can't help myself), and 90 at bedtime.  My lantus dose has changed a lot, like almost every week, but it's at 18 units at bedtime now (It's been as much as 26 units and as low as 15).  

~Mark

11/11/11 Type1
Novolog 1:15
Lantus 23
11/11/11 A1c- 9.8
02/06/12 A1c- 6.8
06/06/12 A1c- 5.9
12/12/12 A1c- 5.9
trisha01
Total Posts: 6,395
Topics: 315
High Fives: 696
Blog Posts: 62
Solutions: 74
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

bob75 wrote:

I think it is difficult to decide as the 'real number', that is, people who are not Diabetics

is something around 80 to 110 I think, which of course is ridiculous numbers in our eyes.

It s###ks being a diabetic, I am so f"##"g  tired of it :smileysad:

.... Sorry.

Why????? Is this the way you have been doing this for 15 years? You need to have your own target range. How are you able to know if you are, or are not, in a decent trend? Really, Bob, aren't you the least bit concerned, that you don't have a good handle on this yet?

Unrelated, but did you do the self censor on your last sentence? I have a reason for asking this.

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and other meds ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

trisha01
Total Posts: 6,395
Topics: 315
High Fives: 696
Blog Posts: 62
Solutions: 74
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

heidilynne wrote:
what is your target BS range? What is the one your dr gave you? does that differ from your own personal goals?

my dr had me shoot for 80-180. when i got pregnant it was switched to about 90-120.

getting back on the wagon of trying to get prenant ive been going for 80-140 and have been doing very well! :-)

also if you take lantus what are you taking? im at 25 units once a daynl.

Heidi,

Due to my age (63) and my kidney disease, my target range is 100 - 150 for a full 24 hours. My doctor does not set my target, but agrees with what I have set. After the last 3 months of hypos on top of hypos, I cannot run tight control anymore, due to the reasons I've shown. It puts me in too much of a danger area. My doctor has told me, that from this point on, that it will get worse, especially as the counter regulatory system is also not working properly. The 3 in 3 months above, should have a + sign with it, but this reply box seems to be really out of whack tonight.

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and other meds ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

Frequent Responder
kittykat2
Total Posts: 56
Registered on: ‎01-30-2012

My doctor recommened to me less than 140 2 hours after meals.  120 the rest of the time.  I am on a pump and a very active person.  Yesterday was a very hectic day and when I got home after 8hrs on my feet, no lunch break, so no food. my sugar was 120.  How about that lol.  I do basal checks, so I don't have to worry about going low when I can't eat and run around like a chicken with my head cut off.   Of course, everyone is different.