Super Advisor
Dennis1947
Total Posts: 808
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Using Vicks Vapo Rub for cold

Vicks Vapo Rub

Interesting!!!

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks Vapo Rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapo Rub generously on the soles of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.
Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in them. This method of using Vicks Vapo Rub on the soles of the feet was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time. In addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.
If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be amazed at how it works.
Super Advisor
leehr
Total Posts: 2,179
Registered on: ‎11-01-2009

Dennis - I have used Vicks Vapor Rub for years! Yes, it works for many kinds of needs. Recently I learned from other diabetics that it works for nail fungus also that many diabetics have. The prescribed medication is expensive but the Vicks rub is not!

Great idea to pass along....
Joan :-))
Type 1 Diagnosed Nov. 1957

* Type 1 Diagnosed for 56 years as of Nov 2013
* 50 Year Type 1 Medalist Award from Joslin Diabetes Clinic (Harvard Medical School)
* Medtronic Paradigm Revel 523 insulin pump as of March 2011
* Insulin: Humalog
* Food Allergies: milk, yeast, corn
* Hashimoto's thyroid disease
* A bit of arthritis
* One kidney due to benign Angiomyolipoma.
* Volunteer Community Disaster Co-Coordinator
* Hobbies/Interests: Wildlife Naturalists, artist, gardening, music
Long Lost Member
macavely
Total Posts: 122
Registered on: ‎11-22-2009

They should have talked to my grandma and mom... She would always put vicks on my feet when I was younger and started coughing... another use for vicks... my grand ma called this the asthma cure... a little bit of vicks in a tea spoon with warm water... she gave that to all the babies in the family no one in my family has asthma ..
Established Contributor
kellywpa
Total Posts: 2,750
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Someone sent me this in an email the other day and I didn�t forward it. I was wondering if it was true or not.

Kelly
www.kellywpa.wordpress.com
Type 1, Diagnosed January, 1984
Dexcom Seven Plus CGMS

Pumping With Animas PIng & Apidra Since June, 2010