kellywpa
Total Posts: 2,750
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Ideas for Reduced Costs

� To All � Oct-21-08 9:14 AM � 10104.1

� 1 of 46

� From MGinTN

� Posts 303

My boss gets a publication called Bottomline Health, and this issue has a list of places to contact for discounted medications... not online pharmacies, but groups that can help. I know there were several posters out there inquiring about this stuff!

www.va.gov/healtheligibility/application for honorably discharged vets

www.tricare.mil for active duty service members

www.ncls.org/programs/health/drugaid.htm#discount 42 States have established some sort of program to provide perscrip drug coverage to low income older adults or disabled persons not qualified for Medicare

www.freemedicine.com This group will search for programs for you... one time $10 fee

www.ipsc.cc Indigent Patient Services - one time reg fee of $25, each perscription (usually 3 months worth) costs $20

Please note, I have not checked these sites out, and have re-typed verbatum what was in the publication. Hope this helps someone!

Blindsided at age 45. Determined that I will win this game.

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To MGinTN

� Oct-22-08 10:42 PM � 10104.2

� Reply to 10104.1

� 2 of 46

� From Dennis2008

� Posts 1357

Thanks MG

I will add it to my Reference Library I hand out..

But, best to also keep it and issue it out when someone comes in needing it..

Unfortunately, Posting it once doesn't get the job done..

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To MGinTN

� Oct-26-08 8:33 AM � 10104.3

� Reply to 10104.1

� 3 of 46

� From apache575

� Posts 6

MGinTN said...

My boss gets a publication called Bottomline Health, and this issue has a list of places to contact for discounted medications... not online pharmacies, but groups that can help. I know there were several posters out there inquiring about this stuff!

www.va.gov/healtheligibility/application for honorably discharged vets

www.tricare.mil for active duty service members

www.ncls.org/programs/health/drugaid.htm#discount 42 States have established some sort of program to provide perscrip drug coverage to low income older adults or disabled persons not qualified for Medicare

www.freemedicine.com This group will search for programs for you... one time $10 fee

www.ipsc.cc Indigent Patient Services - one time reg fee of $25, each perscription (usually 3 months worth) costs $20

Please note, I have not checked these sites out, and have re-typed verbatum what was in the publication. Hope this helps someone!

Blindsided at age 45. Determined that I will win this game.

Where do I begin to say thank you.

This is the first time I have tried this and it is amazing all the people

who have given their ideas. A couple of the sites that you sent may be of some

value to this situation. Thank you again!

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To apache575

� � unread � � Oct-31-08 2:06 PM � 10104.4

� Reply to 10104.3

� 4 of 46

� From Jekatt

� Posts 15

I highly recommend Express Scripts. You can basically get a three month supply of any medicine for one co-pay.

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Nov-2-08 10:37 PM � 10104.5

� Reply to 10104.2

� 5 of 46

� From Dennis2008

� Posts 1357

maybe we can keep this at the top of the boards for others to use in the future.. I'll add my list to the pile

Link> Health Insurance in Your State - American Diabetes Association

Ck with your County Health Dept.. ( Or Township office )/Family Services ( Our County has a Program for the Uninsured with $25 Co-pays )

Contact your Insulin Co.'s ( Lilly has a Lilly Cares plan- see link below )

Ck out Discount Drug Cards... You pay $50/mo and get 25-50% discounts. but, ck your Drug stores and confirm they accept it, etc and do the math to see if worthwhile..>AOL Search results for "Drug cards"

Ck out > AmeriPlan� ( if you earn Less than $20k yr single and $27k couples )

NAHU - Consumer Information - Healthy Access Database

Canadian Pharmacy, Canada Pharmacy Online Prescription Drugs Buy Humalog Insulin Without Prescription (Humalog btle. $44 /Novalog $54 , Lantus $84,) Rest of DB Items same Price or more than at Wal Mart..

> Canadian Pharmacy Canada Pharmacy Canadian Pharmacies Canada Pharmacies - Buy

>"Canada Meds"

>Free Prescription Drugs | Need Help Paying for Your Medicine...

>>http://www.needymeds.com/

>Financial Help for Diabetes Care

>PPARx.org- Help for Free Drugs

View Full Message

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Dec-2-08 8:45 PM � 10104.6

� Reply to 10104.1

� 6 of 46

� From Pbbar

� Posts 1

To all Diabetics,

Depending on your Health Care provider, once you are finished with the Endo's visit, ask them for a few samples. They usually are more than willing to give them to you. These include Insulins, blood test strips, blood test meters, etc...

My Doc is awash with these items. The Pharmas make so much money off these why not pass them out for free at the Doc's office.

My Doc gives me 6 bottles of Insulin per year and its great.

However, if you want the real cheap deals, go to Mexico (interior) and stop inside a Pharmacia....I did this last year, here is what I found,

1 bottle of Humalog = 31.00 USD. Here in the USA, 1 bottle of Humalog (non insurance) 100.00 to 115.00 USD.

Go figure....

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Jan-14-09 10:28 PM � 10104.7

� Reply to 10104.6

� 7 of 46

� From peg11

� Posts 94

There are A LOT of places to find resources for urgently needed medicines. Your PCP's office, free clinics, hospitals, and the Gov't listings for Social Security Disability Services, State Agencies for the aged and elderly. ALL of the web sites listed previous and mail order services that contract out to drs offices and health insurance plans. i.e. BlueCross/BlueShield and Express Scripts, CCS Medical, Liberty Medical,etc.

If you cannot find something come on back! We're sure to have found something or somewhere else to purchase reduced cost to no cost medical supplies! Hang in there GUYS and GALS.

LOVE and PEACE to ALL Peg

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To Pbbar

� � unread � � Jan-14-09 10:56 PM � 10104.8

� Reply to 10104.6

� 8 of 46

� From peg11

� Posts 94

Oh and on a personal note, pharmacists want their cut, and hate the fact that "they can't even break even and get paid well anymore! WHAAAA!"

Without places like Wallmart, Giant Eagle, the free clinics and the hospital pharmacy or drug assistance programs we'd REALLY be in trouble, right?

Edited 1/15/09 by peg11

� To MGinTN

� Mar-15-09 5:45 PM � 10104.15

� Reply to 10104.1

� 15 of 46

� From morris older

� Posts 7

Here is the list that I assembled over on the T2 board and pull out whenever it is appropriate:

Free clincs and another Free Clinics web listing--type in your zip code to find local clinics.

Prescription assistance--click on the Pharmaceutical companies link.

Partnership for Prescription Assistance

Free Medicine Foundation

Needy Meds

RxAssist and

RxHope

Financial Assistance Information

The Medicine Program

I don't know a whole lot about these sites, and so would appreciate knowing which ones work best for you.

Morris

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To MrMedSaver.com

� � unread � � Mar-17-09 3:39 AM � 10104.17

� Reply to 10104.16

� 17 of 46

� From peruvianpasohi

� Posts 307

FREE HUMALOG...Still need a RX for it.

www.humalog.com/humalog-insulin-pens/humalog-kwikpen-insulin-pen.jsp

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Apr-8-09 10:02 AM � 10104.18

� Reply to 10104.1

� 18 of 46

� From CarrieBelle

� Posts 34

Hi - I rec'd an email this morning from Bayer Easy Care -

they have started a new program to save money on test strips.

I live in MA so I can't participate in this program - but it looks like if you live

elsewhere in the US you can get a voucher to pay the co-pay

on your test strips up to $30.00 a month. I am thinking about

moving to RI -

The link is: http://bayersimplesaver.com/contents/home.aspx

It email also said they would send you a new meter if you needed one.

Happy Easter!

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Apr-9-09 8:31 PM � 10104.19

� Reply to 10104.18

� 19 of 46

� From Jeska

� Posts 552

Freestyle has its Promise program...I can't remember if it's already been mentioned. You get a membership card (from your doc, or attached to a new Freestyle meter box) and it saves you money off test strips. I have insurance, but even so, it knocks my co-pay down to $15. I *think* even for non-insured customers, you don't pay more than $20 or so, but don't quote me on that. May be something to ask your doc about next time you talk to 'em. :smileysurprised:)

Jeska

Type 1 Since 05/05

Lantus/Novalog

"When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?"

-George Carlin

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Apr-9-09 10:18 PM � 10104.20

� Reply to 10104.19

� 20 of 46

� From harleydeuce

� Posts 1609

https://www.freestylepromise.com/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ContextualAd&utm_content=GoogleBrande...

This should link to the freestyle promise card you don't need anyone to do anything you can call the number and get the card sent, takes about 5 minutes and I'm the same as Jeska, I pay $15 now for my script of strips.

Diagnosed in 92

Refusing to die ever since.

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To harleydeuce

� Apr-10-09 10:18 AM � 10104.21

� Reply to 10104.20

� 21 of 46

� From Jeska

� Posts 552

Sweet, thanks for putting that up, Harley. See? My doc is just chock full of lies.

Jeska

Type 1 Since 05/05

Lantus/Novalog

"When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?"

-George Carlin

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

Message 10104.22 was deleted

� To harleydeuce

� Jun-12-09 11:38 AM � 10104.23

� Reply to 10104.20

� 23 of 46

� From iddm1988

� Posts 4

Hello.

I found a great website...

www.blueskydrugs.com

I order my insulin through them at only $41.00 per vial of Novolog. At CVS, it is around $100.00 per vial. Great savings!

~ Jennifer

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Jul-18-09 11:44 PM � 10104.31

� Reply to 10104.25

� 31 of 46

� From Dennis2008

� Posts 1357

TEST STRIPS UPDATE..:

@ WAL MART > Relion blood test strips for $38 for a box of 100. Their ReLion syringes are pretty inexpensive, too -- $12 for a box of 100 vs. $35 for BD brand (last I checked several yrs ago).

FROM MARY> Kroger has a new glucose monitor that they are selling for $4.00. No coding and high accuracy it says. And test strips for it are as follows. 25 ct for 9.99, 50 ct for 18.99 and 100 ct for 36.99

went to Kroger's site, shows what your talking about but no prices@ Kroger - Pharmacy

They maybe similar to @ Glucose Test Strips - Diabetic Testing strips - American Diabetes Wholesale

Glucose Test Strips - Diabetic Testing strips - American Diabetes Wholesale

Advocate Glucose Test Strips Box of 50

32% OFF! Retail Price: $24.99 OUR PRICE: $16.99

Diabetic Coverage Member Price: $16.14

The Advocate Diabetic Test Strips are ONLY compatible with the advocate meters model number TD-4223B, TD-4223A, and TD-3223.

Quantity Discounts Available

Advocate Redi-Code Glucose Test Strips - Box of 50

31% OFF! Retail Price: $25.99 OUR PRICE: $17.99

Diabetic Coverage Member Price: $17.09

The Advocate Redi-Code Test Strips are designed to be used with the Advocate TD-4223F and TD-4223E Redi-Code Blood Glucose Meters only. Box of 50.

Quantity Discounts Available

View Full Message

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Aug-9-09 1:40 PM � 10104.33

� Reply to 10104.32

� 33 of 46

� From Kelly

� Posts 3802

For those without insurance who would like to have some blood work done but not spend a fortune, you are able to order your own tests and go to a lab without having a doctor write those orders for you.

There are different services available, but I happened to find this one when I Googled looking for a self-pay lab. This one has a lab near me (you have to plug in your zip & email and they will send you a list of what is near you). They actually use Labcorp, and that seems to be a popular lab for doctors around where I live. I have a copy of blood work I had done in April thru my doctor and it was done by Labcorp.

For those of you not aware, you do not need a doctor or insurance to order blood work. If you want, you can have a copy sent to your doctor � that is up to you.

Here is the link:

https://econolabs.com/

Kelly from PA

T1, Jan 84, Levemir 3x/Day, Apidra 9-12x/Day

�The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible� (Arthur C. Clarke)

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

� To All � Oct-11-09 9:54 AM � 10104.41

� Reply to 10104.40

� 41 of 46

� From jo

� Posts 700

Here's a list of websites that can point you to financial help - from October 2009 issue of Diabetes Forecast:

� Free clinics - www.freeclinics.us

� Community health centers - www.findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov

� Charity care - www.hrsa.gov/hillburton

� Medication assistance - www.rxassist.org, www.needymeds.org, www.pparx.org

� State support - www.rxassist.org

Here is a link to the article which explains more about each: http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/features/how-save-money-health-care

Diagnosed T1 January 2008

Podding since March 2008

CGM since October 2008

Chocaholic Cyborg

� Options

� Reply

� Quote and Reply

Kelly
www.kellywpa.wordpress.com
Type 1, Diagnosed January, 1984
Dexcom Seven Plus CGMS

Pumping With Animas PIng & Apidra Since June, 2010