Occasional Contributor
revondawn
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎12-01-2011

HELP, insulin pump supplies needed

My son is 19 and in college full time, we lost our insurance and he is not eligiable for medicaid.

We are down to his last 2 reserviors and quick sets.

We are looking for someone who may have some for sale.

We need MMT 397 quick sets              and           MMT 332A reservoir 3.0ml

Will buy partial or whole boxes.

revondawn@yahoo.com

Super Advisor
marymary
Total Posts: 1,170
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Re: HELP, insulin pump supplies needed

You may want to post on the Children with Diabetes site, they have a swap and sale section. There is a disclaimer of course, but you should be able to get what you need from some of the parents there.

Mary, mom to Michael and Melissa, both Type 1
Michael is an adult, living on his own and using a CGM and MDI
Melissa is also an adult, with an intellectual disability, therefore she needs lots of help managing her diabetes. She uses an Omnipod pump and Dexcom CGM
Visitor
Alissawool
Total Posts: 2
Registered on: ‎11-17-2009

Most colleges offer insurance plans for students. Especially if he is a full time student. I needed insurance as a grad student and it was easy and inexpensive. No problems with diabetes supplies.
Frequent Responder
bob75
Total Posts: 102
Registered on: ‎11-07-2011

This is just horrible, it shows how behind the times the U.S really is, where I

am from this would never happen.Or rather, such a situation can not be made

as everyone is protected by default healthcare and us DM's get our insulin for

free for obvious reasons, being we die without it,  I know  Pam, or is it Trish(?)

always promote the healthcare or stand behind it back home, but seriously, if

you cant protect and care for your own citizens it is not much of a nation, sorry.

Can anyone help revondawn out? Such a situation shouldn't even exist.

Bob

trisha01
Total Posts: 6,240
Topics: 303
High Fives: 653
Blog Posts: 62
Solutions: 71

revondawn wrote:

My son is 19 and in college full time, we lost our insurance and he is not eligiable for medicaid.

We are down to his last 2 reserviors and quick sets.

revondawn@yahoo.com

Sorry you are in this situation. Mary gave you a good place to check out for immediate needs. 

For future help, there is a sticky at the top of the T1 page, titled "Prescription Assistance Programs". One of the posts has links for help with pump supplies.

Hope this helps.

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and other meds ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

trisha01
Total Posts: 6,240
Topics: 303
High Fives: 653
Blog Posts: 62
Solutions: 71

[ Edited ]

Bob75 wrote:

This is just horrible, it shows how behind the times the U.S really is, where I

am from this would never happen.Or rather, such a situation can not be made

as everyone is protected by default healthcare and us DM's get our insulin for

free for obvious reasons, being we die without it,  I know  Pam, or is it Trish(?)

always promote the healthcare or stand behind it back home, but seriously, if

you cant protect and care for your own citizens it is not much of a nation, sorry.

Can anyone help revondawn out? Such a situation shouldn't even exist.

Bob

For starters Bob, whether I, Pam, or anyone else on this board, promotes our healthcare system OR bashes it, we can do that. This is our country and our healthcare system. We do not bash any other countries healthcare system. I, for one, am tired of you bashing it in damn near every post that you do.

While our forums are open to anyone, and we will help anyone, the bashing has to stop. There is no need for it. If all you want to do, is to complain about our healthcare system, then maybe you need to move here, become an American citizen, then you can bitch about it all you want, as you then would have that right to do so. If you want to continue to moan and groan about our healthcare system, maybe our forum is not the one for you?

By the way, since you referenced Pam and myself as promoting our healthcare, you do not know either of us well enough to know if we do or don't. HOWEVER, what we and the rest of us do, is to provide information through research that we have done, to help others obtain medical help, medications, insulins, and all related supplies. We also help by sharing our own experiences, and knowledge, of Type 1 DM. In particular of Type 1 DM; and also with what we can help, as far as the other types of diabetes.

IF you had read all of the posts, you would have read message #2....where the original poster's question was answered - for some potential immediate help.

Trisha

Trisha

IDDM (Type 1 Autoimmune) 30+ years ~ Currently using MDI & Minimed CGM ~
Check out my diabetes blog!

All brittle means, is that one has great fluctuations, which is pretty much hallmark for Type 1's. Some more so than others. - me
  First light brings a new day, new hope, new wisdom, and a chance to start fresh again. - me

If everyone were dealt the same amount of cards, there would be no challenges in life. Challenges are part of life's lessons, to teach us to grow in all aspects, and to learn what we need to learn, to make it in this world. Life was not meant to be fair. -me

~ New Type 1 Info ~ Insulin, Test Strips, Lancets, and other meds ~ Kidney Damage Info ~

Super Advisor
marymary
Total Posts: 1,170

After reading your comments Trisha, I went back and read through some of Bob's posts. I had not seen any of the bashing, but I sure did in the few posts that I read. It is not just health care that he is bashing, but also our education system and also touching on religion. I agree that these things should be kept out of the forums. It only causes drama and I have been happy to see that there has not been any drama here lately. 

Bob, you are using a site that is based here in the U.S. You are not going to be well received if you continue to say things like this about the country that most of us love. We may not agree with everything that is done here, but when someone that is not a citizen bashes it, people are going to get defensive. I was not born in this country either, but no country is perfect and most of us wouldn't live anywhere else. I am from Canada and I am very glad that my kids were born here, because the health care in Canada also has it's faults and for people with diabetes, it is far from perfect.

Mary, mom to Michael and Melissa, both Type 1
Michael is an adult, living on his own and using a CGM and MDI
Melissa is also an adult, with an intellectual disability, therefore she needs lots of help managing her diabetes. She uses an Omnipod pump and Dexcom CGM
Super Advisor
leehr
Total Posts: 2,185
Registered on: ‎11-01-2009

revondawn wrote:

My son is 19 and in college full time, we lost our insurance and he is not eligible for Medicaid.

We are down to his last 2 reservoirs and quick sets.

revondawn@yahoo.com

Hello,  I presume your son has a Medtronic insulin pump from the type of pump supply you said was needed.  I have a MM insulin pump but use a different  type of Quick Set.

if you call Medtronics they may be  able to help in some way.......

On the back of the pump there is a phone number to call.  Just in case it is the same number for everyone here is the one on my Medtrontroic MiniMed pump:     800-646-4633. 

If this number does not work on a weekend phone my Direct Supply phone number:  1-800-599-7521 to ask if they will assist you further.....

I have known of others who asked for help from major pump suppliers and pharmaceuticals (for meds)  and received the help that they needed through Assistance programs....

Good Luck!
Joan

* Type 1 Diagnosed for 56 years as of Nov 2013
* 50 Year Type 1 Medalist Award from Joslin Diabetes Clinic (Harvard Medical School)
* Medtronic Paradigm Revel 523 insulin pump as of March 2011
* Insulin: Humalog
* Food Allergies: milk, yeast, corn
* Hashimoto's thyroid disease
* A bit of arthritis
* One kidney due to benign Angiomyolipoma.
* Volunteer Community Disaster Co-Coordinator
* Hobbies/Interests: Wildlife Naturalists, artist, gardening, music
Lucilleklisz
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: ‎01-05-2012

[ Edited ]

[Selling supplies and/or medication through this forum is not permitted. - ADAMateo]

Super Advisor
Pam01
Total Posts: 2,170
Registered on: ‎11-02-2009

For the record, it was NOT me who has ever replied to Bob about the healthcare system, nor about bashing America.

While I personally don't like the way Bob has thrown in digs at America's healthcare system, I also disagree with the theory that you have to live in this country in order to say something negative. I don't live in Afganistan, North Korea, or the Sudan, but I certainly have negative opinions on how those countries treat their people. If it was relevant to the conversation, I would share.

Pam

Diagnosed Type 1 at age 16 months, over 45 years now
Minimed pump and cgm since July '09. Metformin (insulin resistance), levothyroxine(thyroid), losartan (BP)

I have traveled cross country, and to Canada, UK, Kenya, Mexico, Jamaica, Equador/Galapagos islands, and lived in Egypt for a year.