Established Advisor
Betty32506
Total Posts: 353
Registered on: ‎11-07-2009

Amaryl action time

I would like to know what the stated action time for Amaryl is. Or if you know how it times on you. I might do better asking this on the type 2 board. But I haven't found the board that has any posts on it. And I use this one as I am type LADA. If I can't figure this out I may be asking insulin questions.
I also use Metformin and Starlix as a bolus.
Thanks
Betty
Established Contributor
kellywpa
Total Posts: 2,750
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Amaryl action time

Betty, if you scroll down under permissions, you will see �forum jump.� Click on that and under the T2 board, click on �general discussion� - that is where the posts for the T2 board are.

Kelly
www.kellywpa.wordpress.com
Type 1, Diagnosed January, 1984
Dexcom Seven Plus CGMS

Pumping With Animas PIng & Apidra Since June, 2010

Contributor
kdroberts
Total Posts: 461
Registered on: ‎10-31-2009

Amaryl action time

Amaryl takes about an hour to start working in a noticeable way. It will peak after 3-5 hours and then taper off.

If you are LADA you wont be taking those drugs long term and it might just be easier and better to start insulin sooner rather than later, especially as 2 of the 3 you are taking stimulate insulin production so will stop working sooner rather than later. Oh, and the type 2 board is very active, it's got roughly twice the number of posts as the type 1 board.
Established Advisor
Betty32506
Total Posts: 353
Registered on: ‎11-07-2009

Amaryl action time

kellywpa (12/3/2009)
Betty, if you scroll down under permissions, you will see �forum jump.� Click on that and under the T2 board, click on �general discussion� - that is where the posts for the T2 board are.

Thanks, I don't know how I stumbled across this board in the beginning.
Betty